Hi there guys and thanks to bikerpiker

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
AJG101

Hi there guys and thanks to bikerpiker

Post by AJG101 »

Hey there guys. Located Plymouth, Devon. Got a 98 VTR that's turned into a labour of love. Currently in for paint after a complete engine re-build due to Kamikaze cam! Will post some pics if poss so let me know what you think. Looking for some organised rides in the SouthWest or any other events locally or nationally. Ride safe and speak soon!
Andy.
Cheers mate, image issues resolved!
Pic 1 is how it was when I bought her. Pic 2 and 3 are of her mid paint.
Last edited by AJG101 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bikerpiker

Re: Hi there guys and thanks to bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Hi mate,
welcome to the "UK" 'storm forum :wink: :!:

You should shove yer location on to your profile, there might be forum members down your way :)

Your bike looked good before the stripdown/paint ,..look forward to seeing it when finished 8)

Any probs with your "Kamikaze cam" you refer to :lol: ,post in the workshop section ,im sure someone will be able to help :)
Stevie
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard AJG101 :!: :D

I thought your bike looked good too (as Bikerpiker said) before. I also look forward to seeing it when it's finished, the wheels look good :D

Chris.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

That colour of blue looks real smart, i only really noticed it when i enlarged the pic ,it looks like theres glitter through it 8) is the stripe painted on ,or is it a kit :?:
Stevie
AJG101

Post by AJG101 »

The blue is a Peugeot 106 / Subaru Impreza mix. It's on a pearl base with extra metallic flake put in. The orange stripe is painted on. It's a pearl / metallic mix too but has real copper flake in it so when the light hits it right it should literally shine. It's all topped off with a decent coat of laquer. I hopefully get it back on Wednesday as the paint reacted with the fairings so has had to be re-done. So far I've got everything painted apart from the two side fairings.

Andy.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hi, AJG.
Looks good.

Funny really, everyone on here takes the piss out of other folk's colours and no-one does trick paint much...

Mind you, I'm perfectly happy with my YELLOW ONE. (Proper one, you can hold up bits of fairing in court and ask the judge WHY he didn't see you) :D
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.