Post your bike history...

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
tattie

Re: Post your bike history...

Post by tattie »

1st Honda XL250k 67mph, chin on the tank and feet on the indicators. you could not redline it in top. Still have one ( future project). :D
2nd RD250lc Yahoo, what a difference, 8O I can hear the sound in my ears today.
3rd Honda superdream (In a box) where it stayed until I sold it :lol: :lol:
4th Kawasaki Z650 last of the spoked wheeled ones, electric start was knacked but the 4in to 1 piper exhaust was something else an absouloute classic 8) 8) Sold it to a local lad who's little brother decided he would take it out for a spin the next week and promptly rammed it up the a-rse of a car. He wasnt hurt in the collision but his brother, i heard made him wish he had not wrecked it
5th Honda XL100 nearly as fast as the 250, New head gasket every other week, would go almost anywhere. :roll: If it couldn't manage under it's own steam you got off and dragged it to where you were going :roll: (mainly on fishing trips to lochs in the back of beyond).Still have 1of these as well (future project)
then followed a 15 year gap of tin box driving :( (winding down the windows whenever you saw a bike approaching so you could hear it) The wife still rolls her eyes when I do it to this day.
6th The superb 1997 VTR1000 in Black with gold wheels.
7th (In the future) and yet to arrive, a nice SP1 :biggrin

There you go, not many but I have enjoyed them, used them and not kept them under the bed :plainsmile

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Here we go...

1st "bike"-loosest possible meaning of the word-Peugeot Speedfight 100, like this one-

2nd proper bike was a Cagiva Supercity 125-
Brilliant bike! First thing I did the magic ton on (indicated anyway, so that'll be about 85... :lol:)

Next bike was this absolute beauty-
Sad, sad day when I had to get rid. Loved chasing R1's down on the twistys :twisted: Oh, the smell and the noise!!! I'd kept it very tidy and the day it got picked up after the sale, the bloke who bought it dropped it getting it in a van and cracked the fairing...:evil:

Yammy next. Needed the reliabilty and comfort for longer runs. Top bike-

Then got into twins-yes, its teal :?-

Had a dabble with one of these :twisted:-

And now Ive got this-
Bring on the bends :wink: top bike. If you want 3 figures plus, 0-100 bla-bla-baldrocks and multiple bhp figures don't bother looking...

If you want massive grins, bucket loads of fun, a bike that stands out from the crowd, saves your licence, sounds like the devils plumbing, eats bends for breakfast, handles like a 250 and returns generally good mpg-step this way :biggrin I love it.

Next up? Would'nt mind a Superduke or a new Speed Triple :)
SP1's rock!
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Yeah I'd love a superduke or a 950/990sm...they are probably the only bikes I would consider selling the Buell to buy.

And even they would be a step down in terms of sheer attitude.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Find the SM's a bit long in the leg department 996...

Only complaint with the Superduke is the stupid tank range. My mate ran out of fuel on three seperate occasions with his :lol: he had to strap a jerry can to the rear seat on longer runs 8O

Think he got 65-75 if thrashed and 85-95 miles at best 8O be like being on the VTR again :lol:
SP1's rock!
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

What you getting to a tank on it Timbo? Surely can't be worse than that Superduke???
SP1's rock!