just joined...

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
staggy

just joined...

Post by staggy »

Hi guys
I am just waiting for my first VTR to be delivered this week, it's an 05 model, that's a bit high on miles (33k), but in very nice condition, one owner and full documented service history from day 1. As a newbie, is there anything I should be aware of. My other bike is a Honda X11.
Once I work out how to do it I will upload some pics!

Best for now
Staggy
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Re: just joined...

Post by RedStormV »

Hi Staggy,

Welcome to the mad house :biggrin

Main things to be aware of are the Cam Chain Tensioners (CCT's) and the Regulator Rectifier (R/R)

Look in workshop for tips, tricks, and remedies.

Graeme.
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

Hello bud, just remember you cant just trickle along on a storm like you can on a x11, the twins are addictive. :lol: :lol: :eek2 :lol:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
staggy

Post by staggy »

Will let you know how I get on chaps. Never had a V twin in over 29 years biking! Well I say never, I had a CX500 back in the eighties! don't suppose that counts though!

S
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Staggy :!: :D

RSV has covered the Firestorms weaknesses.

You'll have to change your riding style once you get on the new bike. You don't need to be revving the big V twin very hard before changing gear, unlike an in-line four. Also change up from first into second gear asap for a smoother gear change. Make use of all the torque, that's what this bike is all about.

I hope it all goes well, keep us posted.

Chris.