Suspension Tuning Guide

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Suspension Tuning Guide

Post by RedStormV »

Hi,

Found these languising on in old old posts and thought they could do with their own spot.

Suspension Tuning Guide

Has 'standard' settings for lots of Sport bikes inc Firestorm as well as lots of articles explaining the dark arts of suspension set up etc.

Makes for intersting reading.

Yet another fork question

Old post - more wise words.

Idiot's guide to suspension aka the Dark Arts- Thanks to Rich (Cupasoop).

Stormin' Pearls of Wisdon from Ben

Last but by no means least - if all else fails or you've a couple of £100 to spare

http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk/ - Roger the suspension Guru.

[edit 20-07-08]

Good guide to Changing Fork Oil

[end edit]

Graeme.

Last edited by RedStormV on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

i know there are guides all over the place,, but im one for messing first to see what some thing does then read about it as it makes more sense then...
hence all my manuals for any thing live in the bathroom for toilet time..

my question is are there any light storm riders here that have played with the suspension settings and found a happy setting for your weight..

im 10 n half stone. at present i think its all on the default settings, well according to the hand book that came i with it it is..

have never had the option to change the suspension on previous bikes and am interested to see how this changes the handling...

im not going to do it right away.. i want to get a few more 100 miles on the standard settings so i will notice any changes made.
coledog

Light weight

Post by coledog »

I am 11 stone and found if i leave the rear susp. on standard and set the front a bit stiffer i am more comfortable pushing harder in corners and the front doesnt dive so much on late brakeing :)
Matt Black 04 model