FIGHTER

General Bike chat
SKETTY

FIGHTER

Post by SKETTY »

HI ALL I FINALLY GOT AN ENGINE COMING THURSDAY FROM A 1998 LIMITED EDITION MODEL £250.
I HAVE A BLANK CANVAS TO WORK ON AND AM THINKING ABOUT FIGHTERING THE STORM. I AM NO EXPERT AT MACHANINICS AND STUFF LIKE THAT SO GOTTA KEEP IT SIMPLE AND START SLOW IF I GO AHEAD. ANY IDEAS PRICES OR PICS THAT CAN BE POSTED ON HERE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
THANKS
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Hi mate ,was that the ebay engine , if it was it looked a real good un :!: , or was it engine Ratty got a chance of , i remember you asking about it :?:

I dont think theres many forum members got 'fighters , though Fishface has a nice blue un , also very recently someone posted pics of a trick black un, poss Stormsmasher :? ...oh and Col73 has 2 fighters with pics :!:

Just keep searchin for info/ideas between here ,the Ozfirestorm ,and Superhawk forums :!:
Stevie
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Would be interesting to see how this tuns out. Could put fireblade forks up front, and single swing arm on the back seems like peeps like doing those mods.
SKETTY

Post by SKETTY »

yeah it was of ebay.
dont now about falks and stuff yet was thinking more of risers & renthals single or twin lights different clocks. no fairing simple stuff like that to start of with
clack

Post by clack »

you could still have renthal bars with 'blade stanchions. In fact renthal bars with any forks. Thats the advantage of building a special. However i would suggest that if you find a suitable set of forks and yokes then you don't have to worry so much about wheel spacers, caliper fittings and wheels etc. Cables can always be made to suit the distance from caliper to reservoir/lever etc.

good luck.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

You could fit a Renntec rack too so you could fit a hamper for a picninic :lol:

Sorry...............
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stratman wrote:You could fit a Renntec rack too so you could fit a hamper for a picninic :lol:

Sorry...............
:lol: :lol: :lol: Keep taking them Paul :wink:

Have you seen this pic from the Photo Gallery :?:
It's showing Scubadog's S/F 8)

Chris.

SKETTY

Post by SKETTY »

lol rack sounds good somewere to put me sleeping bag when a go on the rallies. thought about one i think ratty has one on his bike. the pic looks good of the s/f but would probably cost a lot to do like that so it would take time. dont want the wife wondering were all the money went in one go