Penske racing shocks - gone bust? Updated, Still in Business.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Jamoi

Penske racing shocks - gone bust? Updated, Still in Business.

Post by Jamoi »

Hi all,

I've been wanting to get my Penske rear shock serviced since I bought it (used) years ago. Finally saved up enough to cover the cost of a service and new spring, called Penske UK and discussed the work required and they estimated that I'd have the shock back within 2 weeks...

Well after sending the shock to them nearly a month ago, they're now not responding to any phone calls, emails or social media communications. My girlfriend looked into some of the sister companies under the banner of Penske/SPA/protrust solutions and they are going through the process of liquidation!

So do you think my lovely Penske shock has been lost among the repossessed stock, or do you think there's a way I could get it back?

Their phone lines went dead 2 days after I sent the shock to them, as I wanted some confirmation that they had received it safely. My tracking details confirm it was received and signed for.

The Storm is looking sorry for itself, with its guts on the floor minus a rear shock

Any advice on the next steps would be really appreciated.
Jamie :wave:
tony.mon

Re: Penske racing shocks - gone bust?

Post by tony.mon »

Send all details to the liquidator; they can't list your shock as assets.
It's possible they will be sold as a going concern and start operating again, but if it was me I'd want it back until that happens.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Oh no Jamie that's not good.

I have been in a similar process as you, except I haven't got to the stage of sending my Penske shock off to them.

I have been trying to speak to SPA Design over the last couple of weeks via the normal landline number. I emailed one of the directors on Friday gone (whom I had received an email from a couple of years ago) asking if SPA Design is still trading? as all I got when phoning them was "The Service Cannot Be Connected".
I received an automated email almost immediately stating that Protrust Solutions had acquired SPA.

Looking on Protrust Solutions site (as below) they state (at the top of the page in a red bar): "Notice: We Have A Fault With Our Phone Lines. Please Contact 077590777313 For Urgent Enquiries"

https://protrustsolutions.co.uk/

I take it Jamie you have already seen all of that, have you tried contacting them using that mobile number :?:

I haven't tried that number as having my Penske shock serviced at this time of the year isn't urgent (unlike you needing to speak to someone immediately) and was going to wait until the phonelines had been sorted out.

Even so, I did say to my wife that this business of not having the phones working for quite sometime seemed rather suspicious to me :crazy:

Fingers, legs and arms crossed it all turns out to be okay Jamie.

Chris.

PS. I should say I have had my Penske shock serviced by SPA Design in April 2019. I had no problems then in corresponding with them, and they did a quick turn around, even though they were in the busy time for them what with the motorcycle racing season up and coming.

PPS. If you've tried that mobile number above with no joy, you could try emailing Penske Shocks direct in the USA?
https://www.penskeshocks.com/contact/
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jamie you have a PM,

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That’s a pisser fella, hope you come out of it OK :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

UPDATE
After spending sometime sending out emails etc I have now spoken via phone to what was "SPA Technique Ltd" which has been acquired by "Protrust Solutions Ltd".
They have confirmed it's business as usually under the new company name.

They are aiming to have the new phone system and Internet up and running in the next few days, and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Jamie, I have emailed you about your Penske shock,

Chris.
gilson

Post by gilson »

sirch345 wrote:UPDATE
After spending sometime sending out emails etc I have now spoken via phone to what was "SPA Technique Ltd" which has been acquired by "Protrust Solutions Ltd".
They have confirmed it's business as usually under the new company name.

They are aiming to have the new phone system and Internet up and running in the next few days, and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Jamie, I have emailed you about your Penske shock,

Chris.
Good work Chris!
No bike (yet).
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done Chris :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks Guys, but I was just relived to hear the company had not gone into liquidation.
Just waiting for Jamie to catch up now :)

Chris.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Thank you Chris, I've PM'd you back.

Looks like they went dark just after I sent my shock to them.

Fingers crossed I'll hear from them next week

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jamoi wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:33 am Thank you Chris, I've PM'd you back.

Looks like they went dark just after I sent my shock to them.

Fingers crossed I'll hear from them next week Image
I sincerely hope you hear from them this coming week, if not most certainly give them a call Jamie, just keep an eye on their working hours when you phone,

Chris.

PS. I've replied to your email.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hi Jamie, have you got your Penske shock back now :?:

Chris
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Hi Chris, just a quick update;

The shock is now with me and has been serviced as requested, which is a relief.

Although it looks like they have done a nice job on the shock service, I'm pretty unimpressed with their customer service - after spending a month wondering if I'll ever see the shock again...

A simple phone call or message to keep me in the loop would have been fine, but I literally received no communication from them until weeks later the shock arrives in the post.

Mixed views on weather I'd use them again.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I bet you are glad that you got it back :thumbup:

I think customer communication is a lost art these days, I sent my shock to Nitron for a service & new spring, Still waiting for them to contact me with an update after 6 weeks! but at least I know its there as I called them to make sure it arrived
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Jamoi wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:45 am Hi Chris, just a quick update;

The shock is now with me and has been serviced as requested, which is a relief.

Although it looks like they have done a nice job on the shock service, I'm pretty unimpressed with their customer service - after spending a month wondering if I'll ever see the shock again...

A simple phone call or message to keep me in the loop would have been fine, but I literally received no communication from them until weeks later the shock arrives in the post.

Mixed views on weather I'd use them again.
Hi Jamie, thanks for the update.

I was hoping things would have been better for you after my initial contact (via phone) with them.

I'm glad you have now at last got your shock back, I can imagine it was a relief.

Chris.