tire rubber dust on swingarm chain and rear sprocket

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tastethefloor

Re: tire rubber dust on swingarm chain and rear sprocket

Post by tastethefloor »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:24 pm To be fair, if o-rings break up they don't crumb, they just split at one point and are thrown off leaving a rattly chain.

Have you had a chance to check the cush drive rubbers yet?
yes last time I change the tire less than 500km ago they were perfects. they are also inside closed in they wheel, I doubt they can spread rubber dust outside of it.
I think is the oil I use to lube the chain that attract rubber on it
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

I had this once and eventually worked out that I'd installed the stock rear mud flap incorrectly. IIRC there are a couple of ways it can be wrong, as it isn't symmetrical and also there's a choice of which side of the mounting tab it's on, and only one is correct. It was only rubbing once my weight was on the bike so looked OK superficially when I was looking around trying to find the source. It wasn't bits of rubber but in fact bits of the plastic of the mudguard.
tastethefloor

Post by tastethefloor »

jchesshyre wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:01 pm I had this once and eventually worked out that I'd installed the stock rear mud flap incorrectly. IIRC there are a couple of ways it can be wrong, as it isn't symmetrical and also there's a choice of which side of the mounting tab it's on, and only one is correct. It was only rubbing once my weight was on the bike so looked OK superficially when I was looking around trying to find the source. It wasn't bits of rubber but in fact bits of the plastic of the mudguard.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NExBh4zsVvHvVU1GA

like this?
I though the flap was correctly mounted, .....maybe is my weight ( 90kg)
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

Wow. There's your issue! Not sure why that's happening quite that badly though. Study this diagram and see if this is how you had it mounted (both in terms of the orientation of the flap and which side of the mounting strip it's on).

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/51 ... ear-fender
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Bin the flap & get a hugger... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...