Yoshi cans

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
gilson

Re: Yoshi cans

Post by gilson »

Good find. Lovely system.
No bike (yet).
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

gilson wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:03 pm Good find. Lovely system.
+1 :thumbup:

Chris.
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Well the akra system is on all up and running , sounds sweet but im still getting used to the humongous cans not my usual preference. It no longer pops on over run not sure if that's a good sign or not. Id like to get it dynod at some point but wont be happening soon. Still trying to upload pics bear me.
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

20210701_065554.jpg
Ta da !
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

The new exhaust system looks the dog-danglies 8)

Chris.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

DJWALKER wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:55 am Well the akra system is on all up and running , sounds sweet but im still getting used to the humongous cans not my usual preference. It no longer pops on over run not sure if that's a good sign or not. Id like to get it dynod at some point but wont be happening soon. Still trying to upload pics bear me.
The cans are big but they work very well :thumbup: The carbon seems to hold up well also. I re-packed mine when I got them and been running them for a few years now with no issues. Actually longer than a few years and should really re-pack them again. 8)
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Thanks chris , im still not sure about the look if im honest.
As for repacking does this just tone the volume? And i assume you have to remove the rivits to open them up ?.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yes, just drill them out. Use "blind" stainless rivets when you come to rebuild them. The baffle material also helps to protect the sleeve, as it prevents hotspots.
It's a lot easier to use a drill press rather than holding a drill by hand, and use a sharp bit. It's easy for the bit to wander off as you try to drill into the little steel ball closing the centre of the outgoing rivet, and using a drill press reduces the chances of this happening.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Thanks for the advice tony. Got a date with a dyno in 2 weeks be interesting so see if they've made gains.
Cptorange

Post by Cptorange »

Let us know what jets you used, ie Keihin or dynojet. Akrapovic stuff is always great, as it's never too loud but sounds great still. All the race bikes \i've run in tghe past have got through Castle combe's infamous sound meter
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Will do , and yes there not ecsesevly loud but the deep rumble is sweet especially on over run.