Choke

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Rev. Steve

Choke

Post by Rev. Steve »

Hi guys

I'm stripping down 'old yeller' as the previous owner must have been a right muppet, the choke only comes out about 1/4" and does absolutely nothing.
I can't see any reason it's being stopped but was wondering if there was something inside the carbs that could be causing it.
It looks like I'll be Street fightering it as most the raring brackets are broken (held together with cable ties) and the dulux paint is getting washed of as I clean it.

Cheers in advance for any help.
Rev
MacV2

Re: Choke

Post by MacV2 »

Cable could be seized from standing.

Try a bit of oil at the knob end.

Check the carb ends to make sure they are in fully or not broken...Only plastic & brake very easily.

Make sure it's routed properly.

Take it right off & lube it fully.

Hope that helps...Report back out come.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Rev. Steve

Post by Rev. Steve »

Thanks Mac
Tried everything bar the strip down, personally I think the previous owner/owners have mullered it so with the rest of the issues it looks like I'm bikeless till next year, teaches me a lesson about trusting people I guess.
Pentode

Post by Pentode »

MacV2 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:23 am
Try a bit of oil at the knob end.
Tried this once, far more comfortable..... 😊
Insufferable halfwit.
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

You could try unscrewing the knob head and put some vaseline under the hood.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Rev. Steve wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:01 pm Thanks Mac
Tried everything bar the strip down, personally I think the previous owner/owners have mullered it so with the rest of the issues it looks like I'm bikeless till next year, teaches me a lesson about trusting people I guess.
It's really going to take you all year to fix the choke?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
gilson

Post by gilson »

tony.mon wrote:
Rev. Steve wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:01 pm Thanks Mac
It's really going to take you all year to fix the choke?
Nah, he's found the joys of a well lubed knob. There's little time for anything else. (sorry...)
No bike (yet).
Rev. Steve

Post by Rev. Steve »

Not just the choke Tony
Got to replace the forks too so got k tech linear springs and bush/seal kit and in an eBay dispute as a breaker sent me a fork with a bent tube, subframes twisted, frames got a hole in the headstock, front tyres punctured, brakes are shot, brackets for fairing are broke, quill evo 2 race cans make it run like a dog and I've only ridden it home from the seller so now I need to find some more forks before I can ride it again.
gilson

Post by gilson »

Rev. Steve wrote:Not just the choke Tony
Got to replace the forks too so got k tech linear springs and bush/seal kit and in an eBay dispute as a breaker sent me a fork with a bent tube, subframes twisted, frames got a hole in the headstock, front tyres punctured, brakes are shot, brackets for fairing are broke, quill evo 2 race cans make it run like a dog and I've only ridden it home from the seller so now I need to find some more forks before I can ride it again.
@freeridenick. Hi Nick, didn't you have a pair of forks for sale recently?
No bike (yet).
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

gilson wrote:
Rev. Steve wrote:Not just the choke Tony
@freeridenick. Hi Nick, didn't you have a pair of forks for sale recently?
Sold unfortunately.
Rev. Steve

Post by Rev. Steve »

Never mind, there's a pair of stanchions on ebay that I should be able to make a pair of forks out of.