Front brakes

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Tickymonks

Front brakes

Post by Tickymonks »

Decided to re route braded lines as running through back of forks now can’t seem to bleed them any help please
cheekykev

Re: Front brakes

Post by cheekykev »

Reverse bleed them first from the calipers up to the reservoir with a syringe, then when you you've got some pressure in the system, bleed the normal way.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Tickymonks

Post by Tickymonks »

Thanks I sort of got my head round it push fluid through to reservoir hoping air will vent trough top , but will try bleeding them, a silly question but as there are two pipes each to each caliper couldn’t be a set way ?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Tickymonks wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:08 pm Thanks I sort of got my head round it push fluid through to reservoir hoping air will vent trough top , but will try bleeding them, a silly question but as there are two pipes each to each caliper couldn’t be a set way ?
I do the same a Kev does, just keep an eye on the filling up of the brake master cylinder reservoir with top removed, it's easy to forget when you're watching for the air bubbles to stop coming up into the fluid.
I also have two brake hoses coming from the master cylinder, one to each caliper. I reverse bleed from the left-hand side first (clutch lever side) as thats' furthest way from the master cylinder, although not by a lot I know,

Chris.
Tickymonks

Post by Tickymonks »

Thanks I’ll give it a go tomorrow , had to change pipe route but didn’t realise cause this much hassle lol
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Tickymonks wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:48 pm Thanks I’ll give it a go tomorrow , had to change pipe route but didn’t realise cause this much hassle lol
It shouldn't cause an issue with bleeding unless there is now a a kink in the pipes.

You should also make sure that the new route does not impinge on the sterring lock to lock.

Why did you re route them ? Is there a fixing holding said pipes to the lower fork clamp like the std set up ?

I always reverse bleed with a syringe & statrt from the left as said.

Another trick is to take the master cylinder off the bars & get it higher up & more verticle, you may need an assitant to hold it.

Also bleed the master as well. Loads of rags under the banjo at the M/C, crack the banjo very slightly open & pump the leaver. Any air trapped there will bubble out. you will get fluid coming out hence the rags. Tighten it back up clean & give a good spray with brake cleaner to be sure. Pump again a few times then go back to normal bleeding.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Tickymonks

Post by Tickymonks »

Used syringe and pushed up into ressy, I rerouted them cuz previous owner had them 180 degrees to each other and one was running behind the fork past the frame so on full lock was close to trapping it , now both run the same way to each other in front of the forks down past the brackets that hold them on the lower forks , it even had one pipe running across the one fork sort of wrapped round
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Did mine today. I swap the callipers with a spare set all clean & ready to go. Once all bolted back on about 15mins later a nice firm leaver... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Tickymonks

Post by Tickymonks »

Fair play my mates had the same problem with his zzr1100, mine all sorted now thanks everyone for their advice
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Tickymonks wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:53 pm Fair play my mates had the same problem with his zzr1100, mine all sorted now thanks everyone for their advice
Glad to hear you're all sorted now, well done :thumbup:

Chris.