Yoshi cans

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
DJWALKER

Yoshi cans

Post by DJWALKER »

Hi as per title ive been looking for yoshi cans but after ordering twice now from diffrent sellers i get an email back saying sorry not available, so im wondering if anyone's using scorpion cans and are they any good ie do they actually offer any gains ? .
Thanks.
8541Hawk

Re: Yoshi cans

Post by 8541Hawk »

The biggest gain with most aftermarket cans is the weight savings. Another thing to consider on these bikes is the length of the can.
While the short stubby cans look good they are actually suited for high rpm use, so not the best choice for a twin.
The long "wheel barrow handle" cans will make the most usable power :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
sr_tommy

Post by sr_tommy »

Hi could you pm me please dont know how to do it! Thanks
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Hello mate dont think we can pm as post count to low my number 07511080624.
And thanks for the replys guys.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Regarding buying and selling we have in place a few rules.

11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.

Taken from here:
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... a74ed83d53

Chris (aka Sirch345 Admin).
MK_WF

Post by MK_WF »

If it's just cans: I'm using these on my pitbike and found the quality absolutely ok for the price.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLaVTyh

I added an additional dB killer in the entry section and modified the rear dB killer with slightly bigger holes (sum up hole cross sections to be sufficient for the engine)

If you can weld up the necessary connections it'd be much cheaper than buying anything else.
Here's the build thread where I did that to convert a Shark High Up to a more standard layout :
https://www.vtr1000.de/index.php?thread ... ID=1049828
(I guess you may need to be logged in to see the pics)
The main trick was to use a set of damaged stock cans, cut them off and voila there's a basic set of fitting connections...
Bye
Martin
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Thanks Martin, ive decided to go with the scorpion cans 450mm long the yoshimura dont appear to be available.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

DJWALKER wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:25 am Thanks Martin, ive decided to go with the scorpion cans 450mm long the yoshimura dont appear to be available.

iv had scorpions and they worked the very best :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Well just to update this thread , i found a guy in france selling a full Akraprovic system, headers links and of course 2 huge akra cans. Its arrived today cant wait to get it on ,the whole system weighs apx 3 to 4 kg the cans feel like nothing they just about budge the scale to 1kg . Trying to put a pic up but its not happening.
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Screenshot_20210628-160953_Gallery.jpg
Attachments
Screenshot_20210628-160953_Gallery.jpg
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

I'm a bit biased but that system works very well....you just need to source some new stickers 8)

DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Sweet but thats just showing of pal , :D yes id like to find stickers. Have you run the bike on a dyno with the system.
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Apparently the oem system weighs in at 4.5kg per can and pipes àpx 3kg apx 13kg total , i weighed this at 3 to 4 kg total i, thought the box was empty when it arrived haha
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

DJWALKER wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:13 pm Sweet but thats just showing of pal , :D yes id like to find stickers. Have you run the bike on a dyno with the system.
Haven't had the bike on the dyno with this system but I did need to drop the pilots down one size. While this might sound like you are loosing power it is just a quirk of these bike with the massive carbs. Speed up the airflow and the carbs become more efficient, so you need to drop the jetting. Much like running billet stacks where you end up dropping the mains one step. :thumbup:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

DJWALKER wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:17 pm Apparently the oem system weighs in at 4.5kg per can and pipes àpx 3kg apx 13kg total , i weighed this at 3 to 4 kg total i, thought the box was empty when it arrived haha
You can have some fun by putting the system together off the bike and then ask someone to pick it up....the look on their face is priceless 8) :lol: