Mirrors.

General Bike chat
Audiomann

Mirrors.

Post by Audiomann »

Does any unoriginal mirrors fit? Like Yamaha yzf aso?
MacV2

Re: Mirrors.

Post by MacV2 »

Audiomann wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:44 am Does any unoriginal mirrors fit? Like Yamaha yzf aso?
Yes R6 are straight swap. not sure of year tho...

I had a set.

The stems which are really thin cracked & TBH I couldnt get them set to an angle I liked 100%.

I'm OK with std mirrirors if you get them set just so a slight head move or just move me arms in a bit...However we are all diffrent shapes & what works for me might not work for you...

Mirror arm extenders are avaliable but IMO look a bit...well sh1t TBH...Had some, fitted, looked crap, sold them on...

Each to their own & all that... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Audiomann

Post by Audiomann »

Yo, thx for helpful advice. I guess I stick to the originals and try to glue them to right position first. Not ideal but cheep and ok solution until I get new ones. 😉
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

As Mac did I also tried Yamaha R1 mirrors on my Firestorm. That was a long time ago, but for me I couldn't get on with the difference in the way the R1 mirrors are closer to you, so viewing angles are different to the original Storm mirror set-up. Probably would have been okay if I hadn't been so used to the standard Storm mirrors, or persevered with the R1 mirrors more :)

Mine came from an 1999 Yamaha R1, later models have shorter mirror stems.

Here's link with some fitted showing photo's. Note however the owner of the bike shown has also fitted mirror spacers, which in my opinion doesn't really help in the looks department, although most likely give the owner what he wants/needs in rear view.
https://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 22#p149322

I think it's all down to personal choice,

Chris.

PS. Lloydie from this forum had R1 mirrors on an old bike of his. Check out 12 posts down from this link for photo's:-
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/m ... 2-a-28693/
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

Ayup folks - I know this is an old thread but I could do with some advice. Is there a definite answer to which model year R1/R6 mirrors fit the firestorms? I'm open to either changing the mirrors or adding extenders. Is anyone making them still or willing to sell a set? What works best and looks half decent? Cheers
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

This is mine with R1/R6 mirrors on it. I get on with them fine. Depends whether you like the looks.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

Kev L wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:31 pm This is mine with R1/R6 mirrors on it. I get on with them fine. Depends whether you like the looks.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you happen to know what model years fit? I read (rightly or wrongly) that the stems were shorter in later models which defeats the object somewhat. Your image int showing btw..?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

yellabell wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:23 pm Ayup folks - I know this is an old thread but I could do with some advice. Is there a definite answer to which model year R1/R6 mirrors fit the firestorms? I'm open to either changing the mirrors or adding extenders. Is anyone making them still or willing to sell a set? What works best and looks half decent? Cheers
All I know is the R1 mirrors I tried were from a 1999/2000 Yamaha R1, sorry not to be anymore help.

If you find some on Ebay ask the seller to measure the distance between the two fixing bolts so you can compare with the your standard Storm mirrors before purchasing would be my advice,

Chris.

PS. Your bike is looking nice and clean Kev :thumbup:

PPS. Yellabell, Having a quick look on Ebay I have a feeling these could be the ones you want, but please don't take my word for it in case I'm wrong. If you ask Kev nicely to measure the stem length on his R1 mirrors you can then check the stem length with this sellers mirrors before purchasing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175180534556 ... SwbAFhrpCj
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

Yes good thinking cheers
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

How about it Kev... you fancy doing the honours and measure the stem length?... asking nicely :wink:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

These are the ones I've got on mine at the moment -

Motorcycle Black Side Mirrors For Yamaha YZF-R1 1998-2002 YZF-R6 1999-2002

the firm i bought off on E Bay don't seem to be listing them at the moment, but the spec for that year fit OK
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

[/quote]

PPS. Yellabell, Having a quick look on Ebay I have a feeling these could be the ones you want, but please don't take my word for it in case I'm wrong. If you ask Kev nicely to measure the stemlength on his R1 mirrors you can then check the stem length with this sellers mirrors before purchasing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175180534556 ... SwbAFhrpCj
[/quote]

Impulse buy maybe but I bought them... fingers crossed they're right and they do the job.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

yellabell wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:20 am

PPS. Yellabell, Having a quick look on Ebay I have a feeling these could be the ones you want, but please don't take my word for it in case I'm wrong. If you ask Kev nicely to measure the stemlength on his R1 mirrors you can then check the stem length with this sellers mirrors before purchasing: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/175180534556 ... SwbAFhrpCj
yellabell wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:23 pm Impulse buy maybe but I bought them... fingers crossed they're right and they do the job.
Good luck and fingers crossed. I'm exempt from being blamed if they are wrong remember :wave:

Chris.