Re: Track day project.

Post by fabiostar »

keep the pics coming... :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bigr250

Post by bigr250 »

fabiostar wrote:keep the pics coming... :thumbup:
Here's an interesting one for the perfectionists on the forum.

I'm not in search of perfection however much I love to see it in other peoples preparation, I'm still sometimes shocked by the baling twine & wire coat hanger repairs.

As I've mentioned on here I first bought an incomplete Firestorm in bits before buying a complete bike to base my track day project on. While going through the boxes of bits I came across something that really caught my eye. I know that clocks need mounting to their bracket, but coach bolts?

I suppose anything that keeps them in front of you is better than nothing?
Rappelez tout mais ne pardonner rien!!
davebonline

Re: RE: Re: Track day project.

Post by davebonline »

bigr250 wrote:
fabiostar wrote:keep the pics coming... Image
Here's an interesting one for the perfectionists on the forum.

I'm not in search of perfection however much I love to see it in other peoples preparation, I'm still sometimes shocked by the baling twine & wire coat hanger repairs.

As I've mentioned on here I first bought an incomplete Firestorm in bits before buying a complete bike to base my track day project on. While going through the boxes of bits I came across something that really caught my eye. I know that clocks need mounting to their bracket, but coach bolts?

I suppose anything that keeps them in front of you is better than nothing?
Yep, that's horrible Image I'd be straight on to David Silver's to get some original Honda bolts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

my pet hate those dam bolts :confused :confused
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I tend to be more fastidious on things you can see while riding but if it was a warm day and those bolts were all I had that fitted so I could go riding, in they go.

But a nice shiny stainless button head looks better, until the special-order Ti ones arrive.
Or black-anodised so they don't stand out.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigr250

Post by bigr250 »

tony.mon wrote:I tend to be more fastidious on things you can see while riding but if it was a warm day and those bolts were all I had that fitted so I could go riding, in they go.

But a nice shiny stainless button head looks better, until the special-order Ti ones arrive.
I'd rather see cable ties, there's an air of permanence about those awful bolts!! A
t least zip ties look like it's only to get it back on the road, and anything is allowed for that!! :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigr250 wrote:
tony.mon wrote:I tend to be more fastidious on things you can see while riding but if it was a warm day and those bolts were all I had that fitted so I could go riding, in they go.

I'd rather see cable ties, there's an air of permanence about those awful bolts!! A
t least zip ties look like it's only to get it back on the road, and anything is allowed for that!! :thumbup:
Agreed ! I do love a good zip tie Image
bigr250

Post by bigr250 »

lloydie wrote:
bigr250 wrote:

Oh yes, God's own creation!!!! :lol:
bigr250

Post by bigr250 »

bigr250 wrote:
lloydie wrote:
bigr250 wrote:
Oh yes, God's own creation!!!! :lol:
Just as long as they're not holding these things on? 8O