VTR Pheonix

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
VTR Phoenix

Re: VTR Pheonix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Thanks guys, I'm really trying to push for Devon but if the weather doesnt hold off it won't be finished and I'll have no bike to ride.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Its looking great. Pearl White looks great My CBF is that colour. :thumbup:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
redpig

Post by redpig »

Looks good mate, hope to see it in the flesh one day
ook
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

As most (if not all) of you are aware my Phoenix project was at Grainstorm. I had the MOT booked for 16.30 on Friday (the day before Grainstorm) Was a bit of a rush to get her ready in time for the MOT. In doing so there were a couple of bits I missed (locktight and torque front caliper TI bolts, 1 engine mount lock nut and the most important, a test ride) Well got her to MOT centre and she passed with no advisories. Only issue I had was I believed she was running 180 out. She revved up fine at a standstill but under load she had nothing past 6200. Too late to strip her down on the Friday so the plan was to do it at Mac's on Saturday.

Rather than go through it all again as you are probably bored of hearing my calamity with the brakes, made it to Mac's, a big thank you to Mac again who appeared with a pair of front caliper mounting bolts, sorted out Robs storm (well I mainly watched while the surgeons were at work) then Rob gave me a hand stripping my rear Cam cover off and removing cams. Turned the engine one complete rotation, reinserted cams and buttoned her back up. Took no more than 20 mins. Before I got to the end of Mac's road I knew she was sorted.

After the ride home I made a start of cleaning her up again as she was filthy (dirty biatch). Did nothing yesterday due to rain but today I have finished her off. Belly pan fitted, engine mount lock nut fitted. Checked front caliper mount bolts (new ones on order, again)
So now you can all see the finished fruits of my labour. (except for custom seat cover, again on order)

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice work there 8) 8)
All your hard work has certainly made it stand out in a good way, well done :clap: :clap:

I'm glad (after reading about the caliper bolts in your other post) that nothing serious happened with them dropping off.

Chris.

PS. The bin-boyz will be happy with the first photo :wink: :lol:
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Thanks Chris, I took a wide angle shot just to get them in.

Yes, it could have been a whole lot worse, I stopped (just) to see what was wrong with Rob and the lever came all the way back to the bar, a nasty grinding sound and limited brakes, I went straight to Rob, got his running and got back on, started the bike and thought I would test the brake lever, lucky I did as I had nothing. Got off the bike to see the right front caliper just hanging. (lucky I had put the mud guard mounted hide clamps on or it could have been a very different story. I think Rob's bike was helping me out by cutting out at that time, just to say thank you.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Well done mate. Lovely bike. Lots of work put in and finally done...almost.

Very happy you didn't bin her on the A2 with the bolts coming out. How crap would that have been?! Oh and you'd probably be dead to which wouldn't be ideal.

Good work.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

That certainly wouldn't be ideal Rob, lol, now change your bloody profile picture :lol:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Looks even better with the belly pan fitted.Still think a thin black line separating orange and white would make it look even better.That orange suits the bike.Lovely job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Thanks Alan, I'll put one on in vinyl and show you what I meant.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Bins!
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Wicky wrote:Bins!
You need to click on picture to see them all, for some reason the site cut the pictures down.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Such a fitting pic encapsulating quality including VTR, hammer and bins on the day that Robert Pirsig, author of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance passed away...
The novel, with its peculiar but intriguing title, ranged widely in its concerns, contemplating the relationship of humans and machines, madness and the roots of culture.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/book ... .html?_r=0
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

VTR Phoenix wrote:That certainly wouldn't be ideal Rob, lol, now change your bloody profile picture :lol:

Profile picture temporarily changed. Will have to get a good one tomorrow or the next day
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

A nice build and good personalisation; you won't pull up to another one the same at the bikers caff.
It looks good in the flesh, too.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.