Sort of a resto

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
Geoff S

Sort of a resto

Post by Geoff S »

Thought I would post a few pictures of my storm as it is at the moment and how it was when I bought it. It will doubtless change over the winter but who knows. Depends on what shiny things get sold on here :D

She isn't mint by any means and I have put 7000 miles on her since buying her in Feb so she normally needs a clean :roll: but she has resisted attempts buy my mates to sell me four cylinder supposedly more powerful bikes so she is a keeper!

I should say a huuuuuuuge thanks to the legend that is Marty Agentpineapple, Watty, Geoff (another one...I am not thanking myself!) and Scott who have provided bits to get my storm sorted out. Oh and Mac for making a new member feel welcome! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Workwise I have replaced the front fairing, front subframe, added a seat cowel, mirrors, twin headlamp conversion with relays and rewired them in parallel (the original streetfighter lights were dangerous), stopper mod, swapped R/R for an R1 unit, replaced the alternator windings as they one phase was dead, two long velocity stacks, LED indicators (and relay and metal mounts for the fronts so they don't look wrong), brake caliper clean and refurb - new seals etc, new pads all round, new rear brake reservoir as the old one had spinning screws, Titax levers. She has a Fireblade fork (new seals) front calipers and master cylinder, braided hoses on the front. I cleaned the contacts on the instrument panel and replaced all the bulbs so that now works constantly (some light leaks from the twin headlamp so the whole front of the bike around the dials glows red which I really like!). New tyres as the rear vibrated weirdly. Serviced and smeared grease on various bits, tidied the wiring and took apart the indicator switch so that the right indicator worked. It still jas the Renthals on it but tilted backwards and downwards as I didn't like the Mary Poppins bike feel as standard - felt weird in corners but that is just me I guess! Probably forgot something but most people have probably stopped reading by now anyway :lol:

Watty

Re: Sort of a resto

Post by Watty »

Way better than the fighter look mate :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I agree :thumbup: It has some style now :plainsmile Side mounted rads kill the non faired look to me.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

dramatic change........ good work :thumbup:
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Nice :-)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

well done Geoff,
massive difference and improvement, something to be proud of.
we'll have to for a ride some time dude.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Geoff S

Post by Geoff S »

Thanks all. I should be happy with it for a while or until something shiny appears in the Sale section :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

sorted the pic, because it was hurting my neck..... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Geoff S

Post by Geoff S »

Cheers. It gave me brain ache just trying to get in on there in the first place 8O
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I think it looks awful...feel as welcome now ???

Only joking, have to say I'm not a fan of the twin headlights but that's just me.

Not having a go at you Geoff but am I the only person on here that thinks the mirror extenders make the mirrors look like some cheap Dr Who si-fi style alien antenna ?

I once tried some R1 mirrors & they looked shite as well, I know it's a safety thing but set up right I can see fine in the std mirrors.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

....helps that your elbows fold the opposite way to normal folk since the Galaxy mod.... :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Geoff S

Post by Geoff S »

Not having a go at you Geoff but am I the only person on here that thinks the mirror extenders make the mirrors look like some cheap Dr Who si-fi style alien antenna ?

Feel free to have a go! Why should I be different to everyone else on the forum :lol:

In photo the Mr Pineapple sorted out it does look like the bike has feelers
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Mac, I agree...........and I have them fitted on my bike :lol:

on the trackday with the mirrors removed it looks 10times better, but sadly I cant see feck all in the mirrors if they are not fitted, and I don't like bar end mirrors....... so Buggers cant be Cheesers, as they say
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

it's all about the length...... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

fast red :thumbup: sorted