Vtr500

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
ODB

Vtr500

Post by ODB »

My bike keeps running on one cylinder. Went into bike garage 2 weeks ago told them it's running badly and on one cylinder and 2nd cylinder kicks in rarely. They called me a week later said it's fixed and had wrong spring in rear carb just coiled up when took cap off I told them it's ment to be 265mm long they reckon it was 600mm long. Anyway rode away and on way home still didn't feel right didn't rev over 5000rpm. Coming off a roundabout the rear cylinder kicked and and nearly threw me off the bike. Then went back to one cylinder. Got home rear down pipe was stone cold and bike stinks of fuel. Plugs black and wet. Plug cap had split so along with new plugs bike shop fitted even though it only done 49mls on new iridium plugs I've put new coil pack on and still no change. They say carbs are fine and set up. But I seen mixture screws haven't been touched and their standing out of the casings. I've used £27 in fuel and covered 69 mls. Still waiting to get bike back. Any suggestions as to what's wrong with it
tony.mon

Re: Vtr500

Post by tony.mon »

Choke stuck on in the rear carb?
Easy to spot, pull the plug out and see if it's sooted up
You also need to check the front one.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.