fairing parts compatibility

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
mjvw

fairing parts compatibility

Post by mjvw »

Bad day the storm rolled off the stand , lefthand fairing cowl cracked in number of places inners ok, couple of bent brackets tank scratched. not in the best of moods :oops: , are the fairing cowls through the years the same mine is a 2002 part number are they same except the last five numbers.
64240-MBB-xxxxx

have my eye on one on ebay will need spraying up.

Thanks in advance
Storming About :thumbup:
MacV2

Re: fairing parts compatibility

Post by MacV2 »

Yeah same all years, cept coulors & the fairing brackets were thin steel rather than the cast ally of the early ones...Still fit the same tho.
Last edited by MacV2 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

mjvw wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:29 pm Bad day the storm rolled off the stand , lefthand fairing cowl cracked in number of places inners ok, couple of bent brackets tank scratched. not in the best of moods :oops: , are the fairing cowls through the years the same mine is a 2002 part number are they same except the last five numbers.
64240-MBB-xxxxx

Thanks in advance
Was that you on FB with the security cam footage, side of house teal Storm ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Sorry to hear what happened.

Not a problem if you're going to respray it your colour, but the graphics are different on the 19ltr petrol tank model. The earlier versions (16ltr petrol tank model) had the letters "VTR" on the side fairing panel whereas the later version has "Firestorm" instead.

Good luck in finding a half decent panel,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that is a bad day in the garage ..................... I did the same 2 yrs ago, but the damage was not as bad as yours by the sound of it, I only cracked the Fairing below the mirror.

I got a pair of fairing panels and had them fixed up and resprayed (tracking down the logos on the side is also tough), but the yellow isnt a perfect match, and I wasn't going to start respraying the tank to match.

so I have plastic welded it and covered the outer damage with a SHOEI sticker which is then matched on the other side without damage.

it still pisses me off every time I see it
AMcQ
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Thanks for the advice all, have now purchased the one on ebay, colour not right but in good condition also purchased a second hand left side radiator to replace the cosmetically damaged on, will do this over the winter possible total respray. I have repaired the damage fairing so its in one piece combination of gorilla tape and glue. :roll:

Still really p*ssed off, but guess it could be worse pricing up parts new from big H was eye watering :crazy: :crazy:
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:20 am
mjvw wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:29 pm Bad day the storm rolled off the stand , lefthand fairing cowl cracked in number of places inners ok, couple of bent brackets tank scratched. not in the best of moods :oops: , are the fairing cowls through the years the same mine is a 2002 part number are they same except the last five numbers.
64240-MBB-xxxxx

Thanks in advance
Was that you on FB with the security cam footage, side of house teal Storm ?
No not me :D