Hello

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
mike54

Hello

Post by mike54 »

Hi . I have just joined the forum and would like to introduce myself . My name is Mike , I am 66 years young and Live in France . I have had a VTR before i moved over here and loved it , so when one came up for sale only 20 kilometers away it had to be bought . €1500 with a warped disc , now fixed . Manual cct's going in as we speak . And while i'm on i got some pretty blue hoses to go with the Yellow paintwork . Cheers all :Mexican Wave:
haynesjones66

Re: Hello

Post by haynesjones66 »

welcome, i'm 60 and just bought another one
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome mike.

riding bikes is the one thing that keeps us young
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello Mike.Welcome to the forum :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
mike54

Post by mike54 »

Hi folks . Thanks for the welcome messages . The old enough to know better kicked in for me at about 45 . iI took no notice whatsoever :cool2
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

It kicked in for me a couple of years ago when I was 72.No bike at all now and got rid of my leathers as well so I can't be tempted back.56 years of biking was enough.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along Mike :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Mike :thumbup:

Chris.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Welcome aboard. Coming up for 62 here but hoping to get the leg up and over for a bit longer yet. Really pissed as my ice skating lessons are on hold. Yes it hurts but only if you fall so it's a bit like riding a bike 🤣🤣
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome aboard Mike, how’s life for ex pats now we’re upping anchor and Brexiting? :lol:
Enjoy the VTR, they really are a great ride.
I’m 61 and keep buying more bikes, much to the amusement of the Mrs, “you’ve only got one butt, why do you need six bikes?” Is a frequent jibe. Luckily I can’t hear her if I start them all!!!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
misnblu

Post by misnblu »

Man we are a bunch of old farts on these forums. :lol: :biggrin
Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride and for the 72 year old young man riding all his life you give me hope to continue to enjoy and pursue riding for a very long time. :Beer1: :thumbup:
1998 Honda SuperHawk aka FireStorm
https://www.dwn4lif.com
My website 👆
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Amen to that
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
mike54

Post by mike54 »

Kev L wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:25 pm Welcome aboard Mike, how’s life for ex pats now we’re upping anchor and Brexiting? :lol:
Enjoy the VTR, they really are a great ride.
I’m 61 and keep buying more bikes, much to the amusement of the Mrs, “you’ve only got one butt, why do you need six bikes?” Is a frequent jibe. Luckily I can’t hear her if I start them all!!!!
Been out here 6 years now , working part time to support the bikes and the lovely Sarah . I also have a 1993 Hinckley Triumph Trophy 900 with full luggage . The top box has a nice cushion on and stops Sarah falling off the back under acceleration
mike54

Post by mike54 »

Are there any more English VTR rider's out here ? Or am I the one and only ? :cool2
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Welcome too from another oldie who still enjoys a squirt and point kind of ride... Well at 68 you would...damaged bits heal too slowly these days! 😁