Hey all.

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
misnblu

Hey all.

Post by misnblu »

I thought I'd introduce myself to the group and say hi.
I just purchased a mint 1998 SHawk and have fallen head over heals for it. :lol:
As a veteran forum fella that has been on many automotive forums (still am) and motorcycle forums years ago I've taken the liberty to browse and troll all of the threads and live all the wealth of information available. :clap:

I've been wrenching for about 40 years now on cars I've built and restored and even had a Kawasaki KZ400 I restored and rode for a year.
Toward the end of the year the 400 wasn't enough for me and quickly outgrew the bike, sold it, and searched for something in the likes of a sport bike.
600's were too small as I'm 6 foot and about 200 pounds so 750 - 1000 cc would do me fine. 25 years later I finally got that bike I've always wanted and can't be happier with it.

She's a beast, a literal banshee of speed that I need to tame, and learn it's strengths and weaknesses to be the rider she deserves. :thumbup:

Here's a picture of it.
I'm glad I found this place and have already made a list of maintenance procedure and upgrades that will keep the beast happy and running smart. :)
Attachments
The beast and current street/ race car build in progress.
The beast and current street/ race car build in progress.
The new steed.
The new steed.
1998 Honda SuperHawk aka FireStorm
https://www.dwn4lif.com
My website πŸ‘†
nigelrb

Re: Hey all.

Post by nigelrb »

Hi, and welcome.

Looks like a bit of a 'Storm' brewing overhead also :lol:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Hi and welcome. Nice looking bike even for a red one πŸ‘πŸ€£πŸ€£
Please remember that you need any pictures of your bike to include garbage bins, long story, but colour and size are unimportant πŸ˜œπŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘
Did I say nice bike even for a red one, I did, hmmmm must be " old timers " thank god its not black πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒ
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Feck, feck feck " old timers " it is you did include a bin!!!! Well done that man!!!
I shall now have to get my eyes tested, pardon did somebody say something. Well I have been in lockdown and I've not found found any hairs yet!!!!!
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Oh dear, I have just reread my first post and think I must explain. I have a yellow bike and recently have a bit of a thing with nigelrb as his is black. There is always a bit of joshing here. I would never wish to cause offence.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome to the forum … one of the better ones in my opinion, as there are zero keyboard warriors on here who want to impose their own views or act in a way that would get a slap in real life.

excuse richard above, he is having a senile moment!

sit back and enjoy
AMcQ
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

At 61 and counting I am well on my way?!!
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Richard wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:40 am . . . I have a yellow bike and recently have a bit of a thing with nigelrb as his is black. . .
Ooh ah!

Just for clarification, that 'bit of a thing' was a bout of verbal banter rather than intimate physical association 8O .

I strictly observe social distancing rules! :lol: :lol:
misnblu

Post by misnblu »

Thanks for the extremely warm welcome all. πŸ™πŸ½
Don't feel bad as I am 61 years young and in the best shape in my life. :biggrin Weight training has been a part of my life since I was 19 years old and even though I'm an over the road truck driver I still train with my 40lb dumbbells everyday.

Honestly I would have loved to have the FireStorm in yellow as that's my favorite color since I had my old Toyota Paseo. It was affectionately called the highlighter it was so bright. :lol: :thumbup:
See pic below. :plainsmile

I do love the red though and matches my truck to a tee.
Thanks again all.
I've got some more reading to do on the forums here to gain some much needed knowledge and I appreciate everyone here for all the data and kind words. :thumbup:
My website πŸ‘†
misnblu

Post by misnblu »

Thanks for the extremely warm welcome all.
Don't feel bad as I am 61 years young and in the best shape in my life. :biggrin Weight training has been a part of my life since I was 19 years old and even though I'm an over the road truck driver I still train with my 40lb dumbbells everyday.

Honestly I would have loved to have the FireStorm in yellow as that's my favorite color since I had my old Toyota Paseo. It was affectionately called the highlighter it was so bright. :lol: :thumbup:
See pic below. :plainsmile

I do love the red though and matches my truck to a tee.
Thanks again all.
I've got some more reading to do on the forums here to gain some much needed knowledge and I appreciate everyone here for all the data and kind words. :thumbup:
Attachments
The daily driver and future hot rod.
The daily driver and future hot rod.
The Highlighter
The Highlighter
My website πŸ‘†
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

misnblu wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:18 pm Thanks for the extremely warm welcome all.
Don't feel bad as I am 61 years young and in the best shape in my life. :biggrin Weight training has been a part of my life since I was 19 years old . . .
Also in 60s and lifelong gym trainer and fitness enthusiast.

Who needs lightened flywheels when we can shave a couple of kilos off each butt cheek within a fortnight? :lol: (Granted, it shouldn't be there in the first place :roll: )
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

nigelrb wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:56 pm
misnblu wrote: ↑Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:18 pm Thanks for the extremely warm welcome all.
Don't feel bad as I am 61 years young and in the best shape in my life. :biggrin Weight training has been a part of my life since I was 19 years old . . .
Also in 60s and lifelong gym trainer and fitness enthusiast.

Who needs lightened flywheels when we can shave a couple of kilos off each butt cheek within a fortnight? :lol: (Granted, it shouldn't be there in the first place :roll: )
Life long biscuit eater here, with definitely a few extra pounds. I did up my excercise levels about two years ago but have slipped back with covid. However it looks like I should be able to get back to it in Sept.
Not sure I intend to shave any butt cheeks at any time, I shall leave that to you gym bunnies πŸ˜„πŸ‘πŸ‘
I shall leave that to you guys
Written from my couch
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along sir, always good banter and advice on here.

oh one tip when taking pictures of your bike :D try and get some bins in the shot!!! iv no idea why but seems to be the thing to do :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Hi and welcome :wave:
Bad choices make good stories :D