Moto 3 practice crash.

Any racing related stuff
MacV2

Moto 3 practice crash.

Post by MacV2 »

Dont know if any of you saw it yesterday but the 19 yr old lad you crashed in final practice has passed away in hospital...

Sad day...

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/97932 ... 3-injuries
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Moto 3 practice crash.

Post by sirch345 »

Yes a sad day,

Chris.
MK_WF

Post by MK_WF »

In my opinion it is rather disrespectful to title a deceased person as "the lad".
Even if you never heard of him (or took notice), it's a matter of politeness/respect to mention the name.
And if you couldn't spell Jason Dupasquier it's not too complicated to cut & paste it from the linked article.

Rant over.
Bye
Martin
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Poor little sod.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MK_WF wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:23 pm In my opinion it is rather disrespectful to title a deceased person as "the lad".
Even if you never heard of him (or took notice), it's a matter of politeness/respect to mention the name.
And if you couldn't spell Jason Dupasquier it's not too complicated to cut & paste it from the linked article.

Rant over.

"Lad" carries no disrespectful connotations, it's a perfectly ordinary word used properly and grammatically accurate.

If it were somehow disrespectful not to use a person's name it would make posts much longer- on here, for example, people often hide their real name behind their forum chosen name (two pairs of initials, for example)- perhaps using that chosen name instead of their real name is disrespectful?
Imagine how tedious it would be if you had to state a person's full name whenever you referred to them.

My personal opinion?
Having a go at a longstanding contributor on here (on their birthday, as well) is likely to end up with you being told to keep your snowflake thoughts to yourself.

Mac bothered to go to Wicky's funeral less than a week before your "rant". I didn't notice you there?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:27 am
MK_WF wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:23 pm In my opinion it is rather disrespectful to title a deceased person as "the lad".

Rant over.

"Lad" carries no disrespectful connotations, it's a perfectly ordinary word used properly and grammatically accurate.

If it were somehow disrespectful not to use a person's name it would make posts much longer- on here, for example, people often hide their real name behind their forum chosen name (two pairs of initials, for example)- perhaps using that chosen name instead of their real name is disrespectful?
Imagine how tedious it would be if you had to state a person's full name whenever you referred to them.

My personal opinion?
Having a go at a longstanding contributor on here (on their birthday, as well) is likely to end up with you being told to keep your snowflake thoughts to yourself.

Mac bothered to go to Wicky's funeral less than a week before your "rant". I didn't notice you there?
Well that saved me from replying...

No I had never heard of Jason Dupasquier before Saturdays unfortunate events.

Sorry If I offended you MK_WF but to be honest I dont give a flying fek about what you think...

Mac
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Best put this down to cultural difference and move on I guess. Seems a strange incident to fall out over. Lad is purely a term utilised to describe a youth, and in many UK regions a term of affection.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

MacV2 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:39 am
tony.mon wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:27 am

Rant over.

My personal opinion?

Well that saved me from replying...

No I had never heard of Jason Dupasquier before Saturdays unfortunate events.

Sorry If I offended you MK_WF but to be honest I dont give a flying fek about what you think...

Mac
Good man, Well said
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kev L wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:05 am Best put this down to cultural difference and move on I guess. Seems a strange incident to fall out over. Lad is purely a term utilised to describe a youth, and in many UK regions a term of affection.

think this sums it up very well. already a sad enough situation, so best that no body falls out on here
AMcQ
MK_WF

Post by MK_WF »

I wasn't offended by "lad", just by not mentioning the full name of a deceased person.
Seems like a cultural issue then.
Bye
Martin
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:44 pm
Kev L wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:05 am Best put this down to cultural difference and move on I guess. Seems a strange incident to fall out over. Lad is purely a term utilised to describe a youth, and in many UK regions a term of affection.

think this sums it up very well. already a sad enough situation, so best that no body falls out on here
+1
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

No offence caused, I hope.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

: lad: is usually a term of endearment to a youngster, in UK. a bit like :mate: or in North East England, :Marra:, This still does not mean Mac can spell, though.....
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

rollingthunderx2 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:20 am : lad: is usually a term of endearment to a youngster, in UK. a bit like :mate: or in North East England, :Marra:, This still does not mean Mac can spell, though.....
I'm not dyslexic, I jurst cant spill proderly...