CRMC Mallory Park this weekend 31/1st.

Any racing related stuff
popkat

CRMC Mallory Park this weekend 31/1st.

Post by popkat »

For anyone coming along I'll be in one of the garages :thumbup:

bikes #34

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
lloydie

Re: CRMC Mallory Park this weekend 31/1st.

Post by lloydie »

See you Sunday . Good luck
popkat

Post by popkat »

lloydie wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:23 pm See you Sunday . Good luck Image

Look forward to it mate :thumbup:

My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Well???
How did it go?
The weather was fantastic at our end of the country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
popkat

Post by popkat »

An up and down weekend, Starting with the VFR, first race it rained quite hard about 30 mins before the race, then stopped about 10 mins before, had a look at the track and there was lots of spray coming off the bikes, a quick wheel swap as the the Racetecs are no good for wet or damp, no wets allowed so put some Avons on which are a bit better, looked at the track again and it was nearly dry but went out like that. had a good battle for 3rd but just got pipped to the line and ended up 4th. All the other races were on Sunday, first one I ended up 5th and not too happy about that as I went slower than in qualifying, next race was battling for 5th (and still slow) then caught a back marker at the hairpin, went in very tight and right in the middle the bike cut out 8O , Mallory hairpin is just about the tightest out there and very slow, I had to foot dab not to fall off, hit the starter and it wouldn't go, coasted toward the bus stop and it eventually fired again, came over the line 9th in class...
I started the weekend 3rd in the championship 3 points adrift of 2nd, not going too well as I was not over 20 points behind :(
Next up was the ACU race, the one for all comers, P&M Kawasaki's with over 150hp, TZ350's etc. I had a good battle early on with a GSXR750 who had been in front in other races, got past about half race distance and tried hard to pull away, the bike was felling better, a bit less rear compression and a rear tyre pressure drop to 23psi cold, now it seemed more like it. came in 4th overall, got prize money and dropped 1.3 seconds off my lap time, that's where I should have been at the start of the weekend :roll:
Last Superstock race and I was 10th on the grid (4th row). I knew I could run up the front so grit my teeth and went for it, got up with the leading group and with a lap and a half to go took the lead, I stayed there until the end. At the hairpin on the last lap I went a little defensive and the bike cut out again, this time not completely, I opened the throttle and it just spluttered and bogged, gave it some clutch and did a huge wheelie, just got it down in time for the bus stop :lol:
Result, class win and new lap record (53.6 seconds) :D :D

Well happy with the end of the weekend but I must do better early on, I'm now 12 points behind 2nd place in the championship so I lost out overall.. It will be hard to pull that back as there's only 2 more points scoring races at Snetterton at the end of the month.

Still I have not found a cure for the spluttering, at Snetterton it will be worse and happen in more places, I will be taking a different fuel pump and the old smashed in fuel tank, these were 2 things that were changed from last year, if neither of them fixes it I'm lost as to what it is, finger crossed.

The XJ went very well, I ran a smaller rear sprocket than I have done previously and it worked well, Never going to win against the FZ's but further up the field and closer to the front, in the last race I was in the leading group until 2 laps to go when I got messed up lapping someone. then lost the tow but it was good fun even though there's was no chance of an overtake as they are faster on the straights.
Snetterton will be bad for the XJ, the big long straights will really hurt it, as long as I have some good races I don't really care, I take that bike just for extra track time and I enjoy it.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

good result :thumbup: sounds like you have got your racer mojo back and feeling good with the bikes

hope you fix the splutter / stall, that sounds like a big problem in the heat of battle
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Nice write up Malc :clap:
Glad to hear things are slowly moving forward and your climbing back up the ladder again.
Well done matety!! :cool2
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good to hear what you have achieved Malc, you did well :clap:

It would be nice to get that running problem sorted I'm sure, that must have been a scary moment when the bike cut out like that. Lucky no one was too close,

Chris.