Car drivers ( not a rant )

General Biker Banter
DJWALKER

Car drivers ( not a rant )

Post by DJWALKER »

Ive noticed a general far better awareness from cars in recent times, for example so many are pulling to the left in traffic to allow a safe pass whislt filtering and icant remember last time someone attempted a t bone ,just my opinion/ thougts . Ive been on the road since 84 and have seen all the opposites, any thoughts gents ?
Steve97

Re: Car drivers ( not a rant )

Post by Steve97 »

Been on the road since 73, an all i see are alot more cars, and conversely alot more idiots, a recent heated discussion with my sister in law who is a highly qualified driving instructor revealed that they teach people to pass the test, not how to drive, i dont stress over it but lets face it everything is a threat so i try to ride accordingly.
DJWALKER

Post by DJWALKER »

Very true they teach you to drive for 45 mns or so to pass , as they say now you learn to drive.And yes i totally agrea everything is a threat so ride accordingly
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Steve97 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:14 pm Been on the road since 73, an all i see are alot more cars, and conversely alot more idiots, a recent heated discussion with my sister in law who is a highly qualified driving instructor revealed that they teach people to pass the test, not how to drive, i dont stress over it but lets face it everything is a threat so i try to ride accordingly.
As shocking as that sounds, I remember my driving instructor telling me more or less the same thing, the only difference is that was way back in 1974 :crazy:

Chris.
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

I've also noticed an increase in curtious driving while out riding,but also an increase in idiots pulling over to the centre of the road when they see you coming and also the one's who drive up your a$$........
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

I commute every day by bike, car drivers are worse now than ever in my opinion. Constant "Audi/BMW boys" trying to block filtering and young lasses more interested in their mobile phone than what is happening around them, lane discipline where the middle lane of the M23 or M25 is full of people doing 55mph whilst the inside lane is empty, as the lazy occupants just pick a lane and sit in it.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!