Re: The John Hepburn Memorial Trophy...

Post by sirch345 »

PayPal now sent.

Thanks Mac :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Ok I have been in contact with Michael the Chaiman of the Oddies Cricket Club about what exatly to have engraved on the trophy...

He is having a meeting this eve with other members of the club...They are going to the pub basicaly... :lol:

So his plan is every year they have a match between themselves & another local club which they have close ties to & the idea is to present the cup to the winners of said match.

Engraving aggreed is it will be 'John Hepburn Memorial Trophy' ...Which I will have engraved on the cup.

On the base the wording will be along the lines of ' A gift from the VTR Community.'

Now I'd like a bit of feedback on that please... It's a modern trophy so what a bout Fonts ?

Should it be Firestorm VTR , just VTR or Just Firestorm ? Should it be FireStorm...

I will try to get the logo as per the bike...

Personaly I like the FireStorm VTR as that distighishes it from the Vintage Triumph Register & there was some confusion at the service about TVR's...!

Plus of course our SuperHawk brethren so does that mean just the VTR Community ?

The meeting tonight Michael will put forward the ideas, also the issue with any extra funds left over from the Purchace price + engraving costs to go to a charity of either the CC or Angalinas choice.

Your thought please.

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I think that it's a fine thing that you're doing and I'm happy for you to choose on our behalf.
Well done that Mac.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
popkat

Post by popkat »

My suggestion is "A gift from the Honda Firestorm community". my reasoning is the cricketers quite possibly wouldn't have a clue what a VTR or Firestorm (in our instance) would mean.

It's a fitting tribute and a great gesture, so if you decide on our behalf that's cool, or if you want a vote then that's good too.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Thanks for your work on this Mac. I think Malcopop's suggestion is a good one
Jamie :wave:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

3rd vote for malc's suggested wording.

although I half seriously wonder if you could call it the 'John Hepburn Memorial "TVR" Trophy' as a reminder of the Celibants mistake in the service

then on the bottom "A gift from the Honda VTR1000 community".
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I've consulted with El Presidente & Frank.

We dont think having Honda on there is a good Idea... Makes it look like the big H has something to do with it... Too corprate... & they might sue us for copright infringment or somesuch...

I'm going with... John Hepburn Memorial Trophy on the cup.

A gift from the VTR FireStorm community on the base.

I will try to get the VTR & FireStorm in the decal font, I have a PDF print out of the logos off the forum posted by Wicky way back when...

As it's a modern trophy I'll have to pick a font when I get there but none of that squiggly shite you have to strain your eyes to read.

I wont know untill I pick it up what sort of box it will be in but if it's a bit pant's I have a plan to get a custom made case made...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:53 pm I've consulted with El Presidente & Frank.

We dont think having Honda on there is a good Idea... Makes it look like the big H has something to do with it... Too corprate... & they might sue us for copright infringment or somesuch...

I'm going with... John Hepburn Memorial Trophy on the cup.

A gift from the VTR FireStorm community on the base.

I will try to get the VTR & FireStorm in the decal font, I have a PDF print out of the logos off the forum posted by Wicky way back when...

As it's a modern trophy I'll have to pick a font when I get there but none of that squiggly shite you have to strain your eyes to read.

I wont know untill I pick it up what sort of box it will be in but if it's a bit pant's I have a plan to get a custom made case made...
I hadn't given that a thought Mac re the Honda bit, I'm not sure how that works, but you could be right, the the last thing we want. Otherwise I thought Malc's suggestion was a good one.

I'm happy for that "A gift from the VTR FireStorm community"

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks very much for sorting this out Mac, my only thought is whether “tribute from” rather than “gift from” would be more fitting in the circumstances. Just a thought and I’m happy to go with the flow.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I really appreciate you doing this too Mac, I'm also happy to go with the flow,

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Cheers Macster I’m happy to go with the flow, but I do like the TVR comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I've just got off the Dog & Bone with the Cricket chap...

Final engraving will be ' Giffted by the VTR FireStorm Community' ( I'll see if I can get a small pic of a bike on there...)

They also said that any extra funds raised should go to a charity of Angelina's choice.

I need at some stage to get the trophy to them & It's been suggested that this is done at the game itself between the Oddies CC & St Martins. The next schedule game is on Sunday 15 August 13.00 upto around 19.00...

If anyone wants to attend then refreshments will be laid on after the game..inc beer !

I will try to get to the shop tommorow & sort out the engraving...

Mac
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That’s a date big boy! :wink:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:30 pm That’s a date big boy! :wink:
If your going I'm deffinatly geting a box ! goggling cricket suplies now!
MGoBlue

Post by MGoBlue »

Very neat tribute. I’ll get you some of Johns VTR art this evening. Thank you for what you’re doing. John helped so many members of the Superhawk forum over the years. Basically donated his time (for swag) designing art for shirts. He was a great man, will be missed.