ok lets come clean

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

ok lets come clean

Post by fabiostar »

ok ok i know but it had to be done. the MT has been replaced with a bike the length of county Antrim :eek2 .

for many reasons like confort, bringing the daughter out on the back and just plain because i want to and want a bike to just chuff about on, it doesnt handle,stop or go but im bloody loving every min of if, if i wana go out and set my hair on fire i have dori or the LC for those duties.

first ever cruiser. it does what it says on the tin.. 2003 800 volusia suzuki

as much stupid sh!t as i can find has been removed and unlike my other addictions its got fluids and fliters and thats its lot.. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
cheekykev

Re: ok lets come clean

Post by cheekykev »

Hey, no need to make excuses for buying something different :D
We all have other bikes for different reasons.
I bought a New BMW R1250R in January,
I'm really enjoying, I wish I'd have bought one years ago.
OK I'll admit, it's got a load of electronics that I probably wouldn't have bothered with, but now I can go anywhere I want in reasonable comfort, with ease, and don't have to worry about a fuel station for at least 200 miles, oh and with 136bhp, and 106 lb.ft of torque to boot
As you can well imagine, being a flat twin with 106 lbft of torque it will rip your arms out right from the start if you want it to, or it will just bumble along smoothly at low speed, pulls in any gear, it's got 6, but you only really need 3 of them in this country :lol:
3rd gear will do 20mph or close to 100mph, the low down torque is really something.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

cheekykev wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:28 pm Hey, no need to make excuses for buying something different :D
OK I'll admit, it's got a load of electronics that I probably wouldn't have bothered with, but now I can go anywhere I want in reasonable comfort, with ease, and don't have to worry about a fuel station for at least 200 miles, oh and with 136bhp, and 106 lb.ft of torque to boot
As you can well imagine, being a flat twin with 106 lbft of torque it will rip your arms out right from the start if you want it to, or it will just bumble along smoothly at low speed, pulls in any gear, it's got 6, but you only really need 3 of them in this country :lol:
3rd gear will do 20mph or close to 100mph, the low down torque is really something.
near as fast as this thing :lol: :lol: 54 ish bhp lol but its a sofa that does 180miles to the tank and lets face it i wont be spending money on to make it faster or handle better :lol: :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cheekykev wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:28 pm Hey, no need to make excuses for buying something different :D
AND ABS :lol:
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

as long as you ride the cruiser weating fullface helmet, full leathers & knee sliders... then thats just about OK.

BUT if you have gone and bought a full cowboy outfit, then you are dead to me :lol:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Nice tassels cowboy !!!!!!!

:biker: :Gay: :Whip: :lol:

Whatever takes your fancy Rob, my old Triumph does feck all well but makes me come over all nostalgic and smiley :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

[quote=AMCQ46 post_id=491520 time=1621606941
AND ABS :lol:
[/quote]

Oh yes definitely ABS :lol: :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

OK OK OK...

I did housework today for the first time it 8 weeks...Vacume & dust, kitchen, bathroom & fresh bedding...

All nice & shiney now except I didn't vacume upstairs & couldn't be asred...

Coudn't be swinging the duster with broken ribs could I hence the 8 week delay...

I feel cleaner in myself for having done it... Or was thet the cleaning chemical fumes.... :crazy:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:42 pm OK OK OK...

I did housework today for the first time it 8 weeks...Vacume & dust, kitchen, bathroom & fresh bedding...

All nice & shiney now except I didn't vacume upstairs & couldn't be asred...

Coudn't be swinging the duster with broken ribs could I hence the 8 week delay...

I feel cleaner in myself for having done it... Or was thet the cleaning chemical fumes.... :crazy:
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: That has to be one of your best ones Mac, in answer to the topic title I'm guessing :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Rob mate, it's still two wheels whichever way you look at it. So long as you keep a tube of Auto Sol in the man cave you'll be fine :wink: :D

As long as you're happy with the new machine that's all that matters, and it sounds like you are made up :)

It looks in really good condition to me. The photo's look great :thumbup:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:24 pm as long as you ride the cruiser weating fullface helmet, full leathers & knee sliders... then thats just about OK.

BUT if you have gone and bought a full cowboy outfit, then you are dead to me :lol:
but but i already had the cowboy outfit for those ,special nights :lol: :lol:
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

fabiostar wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:37 pmbut but i already had the cowboy outfit for those ,special nights :lol: :lol:
and now its clean what is the real purpose of this bike :)
eamonn

Post by eamonn »

Maybe its old age !
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

BUT if you have gone and bought a full cowboy outfit, then you are dead to me :lol:[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I'll let you get away with wearing chaps but I won't speak to you if you go the full handlebar moustache :D
:Gay:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal