ok lets come clean

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: ok lets come clean

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:55 am
fabiostar wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:33 pm christ this has turned into a confession thread :eek2 :lol:
I have to confess that I enjoy riding the big KTM more than the Storm 8O !

it is just so fecking versatile, and it still has a naughty side!
any type of roads, any type of riding, 2 up, solo, luggage......pottering, exploring, making progress, or full on being a tw@t .... its happy with any option.

I did 190 miles last night from Jonesys house, east of Colchester, back to near Worcester. I stayed off motorways, and used as many curvey B roads and A roads as I could, although that brings lots of 30 limits through pretty villages and then the 5pm commuter traffic. The weather threw everything at me form sunshine to biblical deluges, and probably 50% of the riding was on wet roads either during or after the storm clouds had passed. Early in the journey, when the sun was out I was getting too hot, then when the sky went black and the rain & hail was bouncing off the road, and all my goretex layers, although still dry in the inside, were waterlogged on the outside, I was getting cold to the core!

BUT

I was still having an absolute ball riding the bike, throwing it around on some great little roads, laughing as I went through the deer park at Woburn Abbey with all the stags only 10m away, absolutely nailing it on some fast sweepers, the lot.

I guess part of the fun was staying off the motorways and dual carriageways, but I didnt feel wrecked after 4hrs of focused riding, and could have kept going.

its like remembering why I fell in love with motorbikes as a teenager
You should have been a Salesman Al :lol:

Good write-up on the KTM, the 17" front wheel conversion must be to your liking :D

Chris.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

I'd say "not for me", but then I hardly considered owning a naked back in the days of full faired sportsbikes, and a cruiser is starting to appeal as the joints stiffen up :thumbup:

Nice looking thing Fab!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Mav617 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:31 am I'd say "not for me", but then I hardly considered owning a naked back in the days of full faired sportsbikes, and a cruiser is starting to appeal as the joints stiffen up :thumbup:

Nice looking thing Fab!

i thought long and hard about it on and off then realised the MT and Dori both done the same job. this way iv my cake and can eat it :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
luv2ridepegasus

Post by luv2ridepegasus »

I love these cruising bikes! One of my favorite rides was a bike I inherited from my grandfather ( Honda Goldwing ) and to this day it's one of my favorite bikes. There's nothing like the comfort of a touring bike.

Enjoy yourself mate!

Cheers! :beer: