*** THREAD HIJACK ***

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: *** THREAD HIJACK ***

Post by tony.mon »

Is the opposite of " not in the least bothered", "in the least bothered"?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I was going to clean out the cat litter tray, for the wife's cats, so last night, when the wife was out, I looked for the cat litter but couldn't see any where it's normally kept.
As she got home after I went to bed, I left her a note, saying that I couldn't find her cat litter despite trying hard to find it for half the evening.

Today she just laughs at me when we met at breakfast and I'm not sure why...surely c/lit is an acceptable abbreviation for cat litter, isn't it?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Police and the army can't find out who is controlling these drones at Gatwick, but I know.

It's the Queen.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Since Brexit hit the headlines I keep hearing of this new oil that is available.
I know little about it; it could be a penetrating oil or engine oil- the BBC news is very unclear.
Apparently it is something to do with Europe, so I went to the French Market in the local town centre at the weekend to see if there was any to be found- but no-one had heard of it, even at the delicatessen.
(BTW, can you get coarse Essen?)

Anyway, I'm still looking for some information in case it's any good, or cheap, or both.

I'm not even sure what a "turm" is....
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:04 pm Since Brexit hit the headlines I keep hearing of this new oil that is available.
I know little about it; it could be a penetrating oil or engine oil- the BBC news is very unclear.
Apparently it is something to do with Europe, so I went to the French Market in the local town centre at the weekend to see if there was any to be found- but no-one had heard of it, even at the delicatessen.
(BTW, can you get coarse Essen?)

Anyway, I'm still looking for some information in case it's any good, or cheap, or both.

I'm not even sure what a "turm" is....
Wah, Wah, Wahhhhhh...🤦
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

So how exactly do you observe a two-minute silence?

Oh, look- the sound of one hand clapping.....
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

SO, for a fancy dress outfit, I bought a rubber chicken on Ebag.
Very oddly, it was listed as a "shrilling chicken". I have kept chickens, they've never made a noise that even remotely resembled a "shrill".
Either way, up popped a request that I write a review. So I did:

Shrilling chicken review
Having kept chickens in our garden for several years, but sadly no longer, due to their short life span (foxes, and on one occasion, a territorial magpie), I went looking for a suitable replacement.
Imagine my joy in discovering that, for just a few pounds, I could purchase my very own plastic version that actually shrills!
To be fair, this was a bit of a surprise--none if the chickens we kept has ever made a noise even remotely like the noise that the plastic one emits- but the way I see it, it's an added bonus. Just like if you bought a dog to guard your farmhouse, only to find that it can also prepare and cook Cordon Blue dishes!
(we were very lucky on that occasion, too).

Another bonus is the money saved on chicken pellets and corn- because the plastic one doesn't need any!

To enhance the authenticity of the experience I tried to feed it but the shrilling device obstructs the throat and this proved fruitless.

Ah, well, a neighbour who keeps chickens gratefully accepted the remainder of the sack of pellets, and we can use the corn to attract garden slugs, who prove to be delightful pets once house-trained.

Overall, I am delighted with my purchase, to the point if considering buying a mate for Shirley (which we have decided to call her). That might prove difficult, though- sexing chickens isn't always straightforward, and the lack of any plastic genitalia, markings or packing note meant that we are uncertain of Shirley's gender and gender preference, confounding the selection of a suitable mate.
We hope that, as we develop our relationship with Shirley, subtle clues will enable us to make an informed judgement- maybe little plastic eggs, or the lack of them as Shirley matures.

Shirley is a very quiet Shrilling Chicken, normally, and has to be squeezed, poked or gripped quite hard to get her to emit a shrill, which feels a little harsh, and so for the most part we respect her/his wish for silence.

If there is a negative, I have already noticed that Shirley's paint is beginning to fade in the direct sun, and so have taken to leaving him/her to rest in the henhouse in our chicken run on hot sunny days.

Hopefully, Shirley will be a feature and a focal point if our lives for many years to come, as she would seem unlikely to soften to the point if making good eating even if cooked for hours.

I recommend that you buy your very own Shrilling Chicken and join me on my journey into the joyous world of Shrilling Chicken Ownership!

Ps. There's also less smelly and slippery poo on our patio, and Shirley doesn't seem to attract quite as many flies.

I wonder if that will help or hinder?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

tony, can I have some of what you are on?

and can you bring Shirley to Wales?
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I can bring Shirley but I don't want to be second.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

You’re nuts!
And I like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Best chocolate to bait a mole trap?

Mole teasers
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If it wasn't for sex and religion there wouldn't be any swearing worth a damn.....
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Posh or not test:

I say "Ascot" but you think of the water heater......
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Which is best, the one about she sell sea shells, or Peter Piper picking pickles?
It's hard to say either way.
Last edited by tony.mon on Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:17 pm Which is best, the or about she sell sea shells, or Peter Piper picking pickles?
It's hard to say either way.

Did you know..Ken Dodds Dads dogs dead ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...