Forgot picture, too much beer.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

gilson wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:05 pm
sirch345 wrote:
gilson wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:29 pm Naughty and sexy... Will try it on Tuesday evening at Snetterton. It's going to be dry! Image
Bling bling I like 8)
That should be a mod worth doing, not just looking great.

A lot of fork stanchion showing above the top yoke :?:

Chris.
The forks have been Rodgered which are supposed to be showing 5mm above (seems more like 7mm). After having the oil and seals replaced my mechanic put them back as they were. It turns in very rapidly, I almost tucked the front going for sound check Image. It took some getting used to but after a lap I like it a lot. The front gets light on acceleration and a little shake but that makes me feel like a pro!

I was cursing Brexit when looking for the best price. On ebay, direct from Italy, they were very reasonable. Bought it from a UK shop in the end to avoid all the taxes.
They look a fair bit more than 7mm above the bars to me, although sometimes photo's can be deceiving I know :lol: If it works for you which is it sounds like it does, then all's good :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

jbf955i wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:24 pm Hi Guys. I haven't done anything to my today what I have done is, sat in the garden, drink loads and looking at it. Front cylinder will be back soon and away I go Image

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Good news on the front cylinder head :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

More fiddlin to Blonkey just minor bit's n bobs...

Mainly spent the morning working on the rusty tank from Rusty The Storm, took the sender unit out & the petcock,got as much of the remaining syrupy,rusty fule out.Then made a blanking plate for the petcock hole & chopped the rusty remanants of the sender unit off to use the plate to seal up the hole for that. Flushed it with water to check it was water tight... :thumbup: Sloshed the water about & drained that out with loads of rusty flakes.

Tomorrow I will get the rust treatment on the go & see if that sorts it out so I can use it...

Blonkeys tank is ok but is covered in under seal & has two of the three tank cap bolts snapped so isn't really safe to use... :crazy:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Have removed the Blue Flames and put the OEM's back on no carb farts no pop back on decel,carbs balance running sweet. Going to get a baseline to start from perhaps purchase some second hand carbs to set up for the blue flames etc or may sell the BFs at a reduced price. One step forward two back :(
Storming About :thumbup:
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Another 150 miles today on new one just 100 more until first service loving the bike just don’t like the sound on motorways ears bleed really need to invest in ear plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Almost there Lee, then you can full open her up. Lovely engine in there.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Put gas in mine, and rode it. Jeezus I love my bike. Feels really odd not having anything else to do to it, lol (OCMD withdrawals)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

:wink: You won’t stop! There’ll be something :wink:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kawasaki little & large catch up on Friday for a shandy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Blonkey Tank update...

So yesterday having made sealing plates for the tank the previous day I used the rust treatment stuff I'd bought on the tank off Rusty the Storm.

Filled the tank up with hot water bunged the treatment in topped off the tank, put the cap on & left it to do it's work...

https://www.rostio.de/shop/picture-galery

This morning I tipped out the tank of the gloop, seems to have done an OK job. Instructions say rinse out with clean water. Had to do 3/4 tank fulls before it came out clean. Then use an emulsion stuff to swirl round the tank to prevent re rusting, empty that & leave to dry.

Seems to have done an Ok job, there are a few bits of lose rust in the very depths of the tank.

I've orderd a new tank filter frtom DS...48 bloody quid...Although I might get some in line fillters & run them for a bit instead... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Rev. Steve

Post by Rev. Steve »

Put the seat unit on to see if I like it in white, it's silver on the v5, painted in yellow emulsion by previous owner so i bought a set of red fairing plastics but they're 3 different shades.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

gilson wrote:Naughty and sexy... Will try it on Tuesday evening at Snetterton. It's going to be dry! Image
Very nice and that reminds me, I need some 6mm low pressure brake hose for my MC reservoir.
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

freeridenick wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:01 pm
gilson wrote:Naughty and sexy... Will try it on Tuesday evening at Snetterton. It's going to be dry! Image
Very nice and that reminds me, I need some 6mm low pressure brake hose for my MC reservoir.
Any more details of your Brembo setup?
gilson

Post by gilson »

TaxiDriver wrote:
freeridenick wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:01 pm
Any more details of your Brembo setup?
Snetterton yesterday evening was brilliant. Beautiful weather, not busy and with five mates in the same group. We even had our own garage. No crashes either.

In addition to the MC I fitted SDS race pads. Braking was much improved hitting about 130+ on the back straight and trying to leave it to the 200m marker to brake was fun. I had to use the run off on the last go, but that's what it's there for. High speed braking is a skill that I haven't really practiced in anger before.

BREMBO 19RCS CORSA CORTA Radial Brake Master Cylinder

I adjusted the RCS settings but never adjusted from the 19 setting. Next time.

Best track day yet.
No bike (yet).