what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

Jamoi wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:53 pm Well that was quick, thanks Mac and Frank, you're like the Batman and Robin of the Firestorm preservation world! Parcel has landed safely
ImageImage

Get it open then !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Pulled Hamburg out of the Cave yesterday morning all geared up ready for the commute.

Flat feckin rear. :x

Pumped it up, checked it for Nerg Nail...nothing. did the soapy water test. no bubbles or on the Valve stem or valve. Changed the valve any way. Pummped it back up & rode to work.

Had the crap piest of cra ppy days, as I was coming back into the yard, I can see the bike where it's parked....Almost flat again.

Got changed, slowly rode round to the air line. Pummped it back up & rode home.

No doubt it will be flat again this morning so will have to run it into me local Man to get it checked or have a new one fitted...

Hows your luck ?
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:26 am Pulled Hamburg out of the Cave yesterday morning all geared up ready for the commute.

Pumped it up, checked it for Nerg Nail...nothing. did the soapy water test. no bubbles or on the Valve stem or valve. Changed the valve any way. Pummped it back up & rode to work.

Had the crap piest of cra ppy days, as I was coming back into the yard, I can see the bike where it's parked....Almost flat again.

No doubt it will be flat again this morning so will have to run it into me local Man to get it checked or have a new one fitted...

Hows your luck ?
Some of the Mrs.s friends coming over for lunch. Will probably be hanging around all (warm and sunny) afternoon. Would prefer a flat tire Mac :shh: :lol:
Bad choices make good stories :D
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Nosepicker wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:29 am
MacV2 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:26 am Pulled Hamburg out of the Cave yesterday morning all geared up ready for the commute.

Hows your luck ?
Some of the Mrs.s friends coming over for lunch. Will probably be hanging around all (warm and sunny) afternoon. Would prefer a flat tire Mac :shh: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Her freinds, why do you need to be there ?

Opening jar lids & other manly stuff for them ?

Go to the shed & tinker when they call for you, come in coverd in grease & ask how you can help... They will only call for you once... :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Pop some bike parts in the dishwasher to clean and degrease them. She won't be able to say anything in front of her mates, so it's the perfect opportunity.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:51 am Pop some bike parts in the dishwasher to clean and degrease them. She won't be able to say anything in front of her mates, so it's the perfect opportunity.
Hope your still with us after they leave lol .

Today I stripped the front end out . Cleaned the frame and refitted it to the engine . The rebuild has started 🙈
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Whipped the rear wheel out of Hamburg.

Strapped it to the back of Nue Red & took it to Strood for a day out...

Had the tyre off the rim, rim & tyre bead cleaned up, trye back on with a new valve, balanced up... Hand over £20 & a bag of Fizzy Fish sweets. Strap it back on to Nue Red & away...

Home, cleaned a bit of me rear end whilst the wheel was out, fitted it back in, adjusted the cleaned up chain, fresh lube & done.

So as not to let Nue feel left out, dropped the oil, tucked him away, let it drain out overnight.

First job tomorrow morning new oil & fillter.

Sorted.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fiddled with suspension ready for Wales weekend. front rebound was too soft as return movement was overshooting, and rear rebound was too hard!

first brief test is positive with much more stability / composure, will see how it feels on Friday
AMcQ
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Booked dyno time for this Wednesday :thumbup: Seems to be running well and pulling hard so it will be interesting to see what it does :wink:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

8541Hawk wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:11 am Booked dyno time for this Wednesday :thumbup: Seems to be running well and pulling hard so it will be interesting to see what it does :wink:
Can't wait to see the results :) Of course, the real results of all your hard work come when you twist the throttle out on the road and by that measure it seems to be a success
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:51 am Pop some bike parts in the dishwasher to clean and degrease them. She won't be able to say anything in front of her mates, so it's the perfect opportunity.
MacV2 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:15 am
Nosepicker wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:29 am

Hows your luck ?
:lol: :lol:

Her freinds, why do you need to be there ?

Opening jar lids & other manly stuff for them ?

Go to the shed & tinker when they call for you, come in coverd in grease & ask how you can help... They will only call for you once... :thumbup:
Thanks for the advice Mac and Tony, I'll keep them in mind till next time :thumbup:
Kept the barbeque warm and the drinks cold without getting to :sick: and making a complete :Show elbow: of myself, and that was pretty much what I was supposed to I guess :)
Hoping everyone had a great sunday :wave:
Bad choices make good stories :D
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Not sorted... Bah it was flat again this morning.

So swapped the rear 10 year old Mich Pilot from Dresden onto Hamburg. It'll have to do for now...Should be ok in the dry theres plenty of tread on it.

Took the rear out of Custurd, shite tyre but the rim is sound. Cut the tyre off that, gave it a clean & a fresh coat of paint.

Some time this week I'll have to swap the wheels back over on Hamburg & Dresden then take the bike down to Strood again with the fresh rim & get the tyre swapped.

Bloody things !
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:57 pm Not sorted... Bah it was flat again this morning.

So swapped the rear 10 year old Mich Pilot from Dresden onto Hamburg. It'll have to do for now...Should be ok in the dry theres plenty of tread on it.

Bloody things !
Sounds like you may have a porous casting
I have a spare rear wheel with tyre (not useable) you can have if you collect. It won't fit anything I'm using!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:59 pm
MacV2 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:57 pm Not sorted... Bah it was flat again this morning.

Bloody things !
Sounds like you may have a porous casting
I have a spare rear wheel with tyre (not useable) you can have if you collect. It won't fit anything I'm using!
I might take you up on that. Be after Wales tho.

Strange thing is It's the wheel & tyre off Custurd a & has been fine for the past 3 years, just corrosion I suppose...

The tyre was taken off the rim cleaned up & the tyre refitted. Maybe the corrosion was just a bit to deep.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

mik_str wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:18 pm
8541Hawk wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:11 am Booked dyno time for this Wednesday :thumbup: Seems to be running well and pulling hard so it will be interesting to see what it does :wink:
Can't wait to see the results :) Of course, the real results of all your hard work come when you twist the throttle out on the road and by that measure it seems to be a success
Will be interesting to see the numbers but I am quite happy with the mid-range stomp she has now :thumbup: Though while the numbers are nice the real reason is to get the carbs dialed in. They are close, at least I think they are :wink: , but a print out would be nice and really save time with the "dialing in" as the jetting has all been guess work with this eng combo
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.