what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Oh I lied...When I got back I had a move about & brought The Murvinator to the front & drained the oil, fillter off & let it drip overnight...Into a oil pan not on the floor... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Took some knackered engine cases and a broken crank to the tip.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

More tinkering on The Murvinator.

Fresh oil & fillter.

Fitted fairings, the old ones off Blonkey/Hamburg..Yes the underseal ones... :lol:

Baddly trimmed the ears just a slight rub on the bars on full left lock just needs a slight bit more trimmed off, fitted some indis...

Std mirrors with extenders on, sat on it & made brum brum noises mirrors seem ok just look ludicrous, have to see how they perform out on the road...

Tank back on & all connected.

Fitted a std bikini fairing but a painted black one...

That'll do for today...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Went out for a spin on Hamburg.

I needed to get some fule for The Murvinator so take Hamburg fill it up & on my return syphon 5 ltrs out fot The Murvinator...Who'd of thunk it a Storm as a fuel tanker... :lol: :lol:

Popped in to see my tyre man & orderd a set of Dunlop Roadsmarts for The Murvinator to be fitted Tuesday morn... :thumbup:

So on my return out to the cave, got Frank to dig out a rear calliper & a carrier plate, a shiney swingarm & a refeshed linkage.

Of coruse I had to do the gruby stuff...Stripped the calliper gave it a good clean the dust seal had deteriorated so had to really clean out the groove of all the old sticky rubber... Fortuatly Frank had some new seals :thumbup: Also a fairly good/clean piston... So rebuilt that. Cleaned up the carrier plate & gave it a coat of satin black...

On to the linkage, despite it being labbled as 'Refreshed' I gave it some new grease on all the bearings & sleeves & bolted it on to the new swingarm ready to slot in when I strip the rear end down.

Put some fule in it but batt was a bit low & didnt want to fire up... So tidy up put the bikes away stuck it on charge & gave up for the day...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:18 pm Went out for a spin on Hamburg.

I needed to get some fule for The Murvinator so take Hamburg fill it up & on my return syphon 5 ltrs out fot The Murvinator...Who'd of thunk it a Storm as a fuel tanker... :lol: :lol:

Popped in to see my tyre man & orderd a set of Dunlop Roadsmarts for The Murvinator to be fitted Tuesday morn... :thumbup:

So on my return out to the cave, got Frank to dig out a rear calliper & a carrier plate, a shiney swingarm & a refeshed linkage.

Of coruse I had to do the gruby stuff...Stripped the calliper gave it a good clean the dust seal had deteriorated so had to really clean out the groove of all the old sticky rubber... Fortuatly Frank had some new seals :thumbup: Also a fairly good/clean piston... So rebuilt that. Cleaned up the carrier plate & gave it a coat of satin black...

On to the linkage, despite it being labbled as 'Refreshed' I gave it some new grease on all the bearings & sleeves & bolted it on to the new swingarm ready to slot in when I strip the rear end down.

Put some fule in it but batt was a bit low & didnt want to fire up... So tidy up put the bikes away stuck it on charge & gave up for the day...
Mac, are the Dunlop Roadsmarts (3 or 4 :?: ) something you have experience with or new to you :?:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:48 pm

Mac, are the Dunlop Roadsmarts (3 or 4 :?: ) something you have experience with or new to you :?:

Chris.
I've got 3's, I think on Nue Red, not sure if the new ones will be 3 or 4's I'll find out on Tuesday...

Plan A is to have it up & running all legal & on the road by the 1st of Nov...Ready for a wee road trip up to Joneseys for the 6th...

Not sure this has been posted on here yet... Some of Wickys freinds have had his ashes put in a £300 firework 8O... This is not the cricket mob, I think it's some other long term mates from uni days & work...
Wicky Bang.jpg
Wicky Bang.jpg (10.5 KiB) Viewed 628 times
There is a bit of a do on the 6th to send him off with a bang !
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Day off from tinkering...Couldnt be arsed TBH... :lol:

Did go out on Hamburg, picked some bits up & mission pt II...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:35 am
sirch345 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:48 pm

Chris.
I've got 3's, I think on Nue Red, not sure if the new ones will be 3 or 4's I'll find out on Tuesday...

Plan A is to have it up & running all legal & on the road by the 1st of Nov...Ready for a wee road trip up to Joneseys for the 6th...

Not sure this has been posted on here yet... Some of Wickys freinds have had his ashes put in a £300 firework 8O... This is not the cricket mob, I think it's some other long term mates from uni days & work...

Wicky Bang.jpg

There is a bit of a do on the 6th to send him off with a bang !
Wow that sounds Wicked (see what I did there :wink: ) what a send off that will be :)

Good luck with the new tyres Mac,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Back to tinkering The Murvinator...

Hung it up & stripped off the rear end.

Replaced the swingarm, shock linkage, fitted a 6mm shock spacer, fitted a hugger, put the refreshed rear calliper & freshly painted carrier on.

Boxed it all back up...Gone 6pm & the gnats are about so tidy up tuck them all away...

Tha'll do for today...Bleed up the rear brake tommorow...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:02 pm Back to tinkering The Murvinator...

Hung it up & stripped off the rear end.

Replaced the swingarm, shock linkage, fitted a 6mm shock spacer, fitted a hugger, put the refreshed rear calliper & freshly painted carrier on.

Boxed it all back up...Gone 6pm & the gnats are about so tidy up tuck them all away...

Tha'll do for today...Bleed up the rear brake tommorow...
It's so nice that you look after the gnats and keep them tidy.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

First salt was put down this week, so today few bits are getting removed to be powder coated going for satin black should go nice with the lovely Honda red.
Rear hangers/footrests,front/rear wheel, sub frame and a few brackets are getting coated.
Storming About :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Final bit of tinkering on The Murvinator...for now :lol: :lol:

Bled up the rear brake.

Extra trimming to the fairing.

Fitted a spring washer to the mirror stem to extender interface, hopefully stop it losening off at the slightest touch.

Started it up having charged the battery up, few turns & it lives !

Get some new boots for it next week & see how I feel with the flat bars, feels weird sitting on it...Proof is in the pudding as they say... :lol:

Cleaned up some some rusty bolts & fixings, got hold of some https://www.thompsonsltd.co.uk/qevp1l-e ... tment.html

Soaked the bits over night, came out rust free but dull rather than shiney, wash in cold water & it can be reused... :thumbup:

Killed at least two gnats that were flying aroud. Frank is slacking thats one of his jobs... :thumbup: :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Sent yokes and fork tubes off to motoliner .
That’ll do for a while 😉
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Went out for a spin on Nue Red, Docs to book a jab up & bank to sort some bits out.

Bank is in Chatham, have to go round the ring road to get to the car park, stopped at a set of lights & noticed a plod car pulled up behind me.

Lights went green & pulled away, realised the turning was right on top of me so threw a indi on & chucked it right in to the turning, thinking that was a bit late...

Plod car lights up the blues...oh shite...signaled left & pulled over...It went past me & pulled off into an estate on the left...Phew !

Went into the car park & parked up in the most rediculously stupid bike parking area, just inside the really tight entrance on a bloody slope. So have to stop & back into the space much to the anoyance of several cars trying to get in. Can't ride it in as the slope is the wrong way...the space is only about 12' square... 'Kin rediculous...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Went out for a spin on Nue Red again...

Was gonna be taking The Murvinator for new boots, was just about to start up to head of & me phone rang...

By the time I'd gloves off & helmet off & phone out of course I'd missed it...

It was me tyre man... Canceling as he had to take his dog to the vets...

Booked in for tomorrow now...

So headed out on Nue Red instead...

Noticed at first junction no indis ... WTF...???

Got to where I was going & did what I had to do... Back to bike few checks & no brake light either, saddle off cant see any loose wires, rear light is working ok just no indis or brake light...

Checked fuse... Indis & brake light on same fuse...blown ! Put the spare in & back to normal, hasnt blown again by the time I got home...

Best get Frank to sort out another 10amp to replace the spare...