Northern Ireland Meeting 23rd to 26th July 2021

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

cheekykev

Northern Ireland Meeting 23rd to 26th July 2021

Post by cheekykev »

Hi all, just an heads up, unless anyone else wants to take it on, I will be organising the meeting again for 2021.
I have spoke to AMCQ46 about trying to keep the dates for this meeting, and the Scottish one as far apart as we can, this is to allow a gap for those who would like to attend both meetings.
This year is cheekyads graduation, historically the graduation is held in the 3rd week of July, which is around the same time as the meeting would be. We wont know for sure till they give the dates out, this could be January/February, possibly even March before we find out for sure, so I can't put a definite date on it at this moment, so I'm going to set a preliminary date of Friday 23rd till Monday 26th July for the meeting, we will be based in Newcastle, the same as the last couple of years.
The date will be confirmed the minute I find out.
If anyone is interested in attending this meeting, which will be on, or close to this date, can you please post up to show your interest.
Last edited by cheekykev on Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Re: Northern Ireland Meeting 2021

Post by AMCQ46 »

In ... Thanks Kev for picking up the organizing ........ Fabio might come on his scooter :lol:
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:28 am In ... Thanks Kev for picking up the organizing ........ Fabio might come on his scooter :lol:
If we chip in for a giant topbox he could bring the pizzas😁
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Important update guys.
I can now confirm that this meeting will be held on Friday 23rd July till Monday 26th, so can all those who need to book a ferry, please crack on and book one before every man and his dog takes all the bookings.
At the moment it doesn't look like anyone is going from Cairnryan, the feedback I'm getting is that we'll be doing the Holyhead to Dublin route.
If anyone needs more information, ring me, or PM me.
Like what you do
Do what you like
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Booked the ferry from Holyhead to Dublin
out with Irish Ferrys on FRIDAY sailing 14-10

return with STENNA on Monday at 14-45

decided it will be an KTM outing
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:53 pm Booked the ferry from Holyhead to Dublin
out with STENA on FRIDAY sailing 14-10

return with Irish Ferrys on Monday at 14-45

It's the other way round, isn't it? Irish Ferries on the way out, and Stena on the way back; times and days are correct.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Northern Ireland Meeting 23rd to 26th July 2021

Post by Pete.L »

Booked :thumbup:
Irish on the way out. Same time as you guys :D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:35 pm
AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:53 pm Booked the ferry from Holyhead to Dublin
out with STENNA on FRIDAY sailing 14-10

return with Irish Ferrys on Monday at 14-45

It's the other way round, isn't it? Irish Ferries on the way out, and Stena on the way back; times and days are correct.
oops. yes you are right. i fixed the post
AMcQ
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Just to bring you all up to date.
All the lads coming over from the mainland (if we can) are booked on the ferry, and also booked our accommodation in Newcastle, from Friday 23rd July, till Monday 26th.
Me, Adam, Pete, Pete's brother, and Markvtr2000 are staying on for the rest of the week to tour the South.
Like what you do
Do what you like
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cheekykev wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:21 am Just to bring you all up to date.
All the lads coming over from the mainland (if we can) are booked on the ferry, and also booked our accommodation in Newcastle, from Friday 23rd July, till Monday 26th.
Me, Adam, Pete, Pete's brother, and Markvtr2000 are staying on for the rest of the week to tour the South.
as a result of this lockdown sh1t, I am looking forward to this more than ever!!! hopefully there is less doubt than last year when we were at risk of being a few days the wrong side of rule changes.... just need to make sure the Welsh are going to stop defending the border and that getting into Southern Ireland post Brexit doesn't cause a problem when we find out Tony didnt bring his passport. :lol:

need to get 2 routes sorted out with the local knowledge.

last year the Saturday route was great (mostly), especially out round the loch near Enniskillen, but there were some satnav problems on the way back (when I was leading :( ) where we ended up on dual carriageways. ... so need to fix that & I would be happy to ride that again.

the sunday route needs fixing. too many single track sections and when we wet up the mountain there was too much traffic... so apart from the icecream, it was a bit frustrating.

Happy to work with the locals to map out something, and I can lead if needed, but I will just be going on satnav, no local knowledge, so dont blame me if the roads get rough (might be the off road section planned in for Dave OD and I on our KTM adventure bikes :D )
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I now have a problem and need some help working out the best solution.

we now have warning of an important visit at work on the 23rd, and I need to be there to look after it. so catching a 2.10pm ferry from Holyhead that day is a no go.

so far I have invented 3 options
1) dont go to NI - dont like that one
2) get the 2.40am ferry on saturday morning, sleep as much as I can on teh ferry (all the cabins are full!) arrive dublin at 6am and meet you in Newcastle for breakfast.
3) get the ferry the weekend before and leave my bike near Belfast somewhere. then fly over from Birmingham to Belfast on friday night arrive 9.15, taxi to where bike is then ride to newcastle.

I am liking option 3 more than option 2, but need some local help to look after the bike for the week and also be there when I turn up at your door at 10pm on friday
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

plan 3 is coming together well.

Chris & Jasmine have offered to look after the bike for a week and they live south east of teh city, and near to the airport, so ideal logistically for getting going down to Newcastle before you lot have drank all the beer.

just got to see if Mrs McQ is up for a pillion trip to Dublin & Belfast the weekend before 8O
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Maybe Jasmine will give it one of her paint makeovers ready for when you pick it up.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

tony.mon wrote:Maybe Jasmine will give it one of her paint makeovers ready for when you pick it up.
ImageImageImageImage
Oh Boy! I wonder if it will be purple when you get it backImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

its a risk, but the bike isn't exactly a looker as standard, so it might be an improvement
AMcQ