Northern Ireland Meeting 23rd to 26th July 2021

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

tony.mon

Re: Northern Ireland Meeting 23rd to 26th July 2021

Post by tony.mon »

How many bottles of nail paint will it take to cover all the plastics?
Two coats or it will chip....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

tony.mon wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:07 pm How many bottles of nail paint will it take to cover all the plastics?
Two coats or it will chip....
you seem to know a about nail varnish Tony! anything we should know? :lol:
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pete.L wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:14 pm
tony.mon wrote:Maybe Jasmine will give it one of her paint makeovers ready for when you pick it up.
ImageImageImageImage
Oh Boy! I wonder if it will be purple when you get it backImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol:

Purple with the orange frame, now that would stand out :lol: :lol:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Plan 3 is now booked up.

Moved my ferry crossing forward by a week to Friday the 16th, will stop Thursday night in Snowdonia and catch the 11.30 fast ferry.

Talked MrsMcQ into a weekend on the adlantic west cost. Co.Mayo. So booked a Hotel there Friday & Saturday for a bit of an explore, Then on the Sunday we will ride the back roads and villages to get to Newtownards and leave the bike and most of my gear with Chris &Jaz before catching a flight back to Brum on the Sunday evening.

Then Friday 23rd I will fly back to Belfast and do it all in reverse

So I now get 2 bike trips to Ireland instead of 1 :D :thumbup:
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Lovely Jubley!
And a weekend away with Mrs Mc Q for you troubles.
Win. Win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:38 pm Plan 3 is now booked up.
Sounds good to me, result, win win :lol:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
neil

Post by neil »

Moved my ferry crossing forward by a week to Friday the 16th, will stop Thursday night in Snowdonia and catch the 11.30 fast ferry.

Talked MrsMcQ into a weekend on the adlantic west cost. Co.Mayo. So booked a Hotel there Friday & Saturday for a bit of an explore, Then on the Sunday we will ride the back roads and villages to get to Newtownards and leave the bike and most of my gear with Chris &Jaz before catching a flight back to Brum on the Sunday evening.

We went from Larne to Clifden last year on Wild Atlantic Way using the ZZR. Great scenery some gnarley little roads, pubs were shut due to lockdown which was a pity. Plenty of rain as usual. Have a god trip
redvtr
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

well its costing more than I thought as MrsMcQ has stated that she needs some new bike gear for this trip!!!!!! and to be fair her helmet is past its sell by date. So on sunday we nip out to Bikers world in Coleshill to have a look. she likes the idea of a flip front lid as she can get a bit claustrophobic with a normal full face, but guess which one feels best to wear? yup the Shoei neotec!!!!!

so add to that a waterproof textile AlpineStars jacket and some new gloves and I am a touch poorer this week!
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:21 am

well its costing more than I thought as MrsMcQ has stated that she needs some new bike gear for this trip!!!!!! and to be fair her helmet is past its sell by date. So on sunday we nip out to Bikers world in Coleshill to have a look. she likes the idea of a flip front lid as she can get a bit claustrophobic with a normal full face, but guess which one feels best to wear? yup the Shoei neotec!!!!!

so add to that a waterproof textile AlpineStars jacket and some new gloves and I am a touch poorer this week!
I'm sure Mrs AMCQ is worth it Al :wink: :D

At least she doesn't want a new bike as well :lol:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

if you are in mayo u have to drop by Westport, great we town and last time i was there loads of great pubs :thumbdown:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:22 pm

if you are in mayo u have to drop by Westport, great we town and last time i was there loads of great pubs :thumbdown:
Westport was my 1st choice, but couldnt get a hotel room round there (well not one that MrsMcQ wanted)! so I am stopping in Ballina in the north of Co Mayo and riding round the coastline AntiClockwise on the saturday.

Sunday will then be a touristy / cross country route heading North East to get to Chris & jaz's house just south of Belfast to leave the bike and catch my flight home. so any recommendations of places to see on the road back from Ballina to Newtownards, send them out
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

bloody typical!

due to COVID (delta variant) rates in the UK, the German rules are changings so business visitors would have to have strict quarantine rules on their return from UK. so the important visit that caused me to fully re-plan my trip on 23rd, and spend extra on all MrsMcQs riding kit..... is cancelled.

although now I have planned it, I still like the idea of making it 2 trips, so my only change will be to try and get an earlier flight on Friday 23rd so i can be in Newcastle in time for the BBQ
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

WELL that didnt work either. All Aer Lungus flights on 23rd now claim to be sold out, but as they are also sold out every day that week, and the week after, I suspect there is a bigger issue going on..... hopefully they are not going to cancel the flights!
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Is that the best-laid plans of Meissen men ganging awry?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

and now we have the fun of the need to have a COVID PCR test certificate if traveling from UK to Ireland (south), so this is going to add even more cost.

there is an option to go in and out via Northern Ireland without tests, but the extra distances on that route would make for long days for a weekend trip, so that is not a viable option in reality.

only good news is I dont need PCR test to come back to UK, either on the flight from Belfast, or the week later when I return on the ferry with the bike.

so a PCR for Mrs McQ and I will now be added to the bill

GRRR
AMcQ