Scotland storm 18 --- photos and aftermath

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: Scotland storm 18 --- photos and aftermath

Post by AMCQ46 »

Pete.L wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:04 am Rohypnol! You told me it was mosquito repellent Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmmmmmm............. nice soft skin :lol:
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Re: Scotland storm 18 photos and aftermath

Post by AMCQ46 »

DaveOD wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:20 pm Looks Like a cracker of a weekend,count me in fer next year. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Dave,
you will fit in just fine .. they are all pretty mad up there ... well all my family are :lol:
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

BigVeeGrin wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:01 am Great stuff :thumbup: sounds like a great weekend. Still pissed I couldn't make it. Next year.

Location looks stunning.
are you getting better now? can you go out on the bike yet?>
AMcQ
JSt

Post by JSt »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:54 pm but fast as me and my brother went, me on the storm and Norman on a KTM RC8, there was always a bloke with a red helmet on a little silver 700cc single cyl husky vitpulin there as well ....... I though maybe he had got the belt of his coat caught on the KTM foot peg and he was being dragged round against his will, but james and that little bike were flying!!!
:lol:

I think you were on the money with my coat being caught on that RC8. My goodness, the McQ clan sure do boogie. I grew pretty attached to the little bike over the weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone again next year already.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:46 pm

are you getting better now? can you go out on the bike yet?>
Not really and nope.

Probably last another month maybe according to the doc. Lessens as time goes by. b8stard phase was July.
budd

Post by budd »

[/quote]

i think it was the best one yet, would only have been bettered if
a) Edward hadn't had a mishap
b) sunday had also been dry

the location was epic.
the gabi burgers were perfect.
the campfire was the best focal point ever.
the usual regulars were as much fun as ever.
the new faces were all great company and I hope will become regulars.
the return of the long haired Metallica one was a treat, and he is obviously batting above his league with Elka, she is good for him.
getting my brother AND sister out was a big treat for me.
the roads, despite some very dodgy repairs in places, still rank up there as some of the best motorbike roads in UK..... and very little traffic.
riding with a bunch of likeminded old age hooligans made me smile . over 50s wheelie club anybody?
looking at the smiles on everybody's face at the end of the logging road before the buddhist temple made me smile even more.
trying to outrun the KTM and the Husky [and mostly failing] made me laugh every time I looked in my mirrors.
getting air on the bridges and knowing that the others were going to either sh1t them selves or scream with joy when they got there, had me in stitches.

so thank you all for letting me show you where I am from and what i stand for ... you made me a very happy man.

so next year .... same place, same time, same roads ..... why mess with a perfect formula
[/quote]

Can I add a 'c' to your A-b of how it could have been bettered, this would be been able to start my Aprilia on Sat morning, well pissed off I missed the ride out in the dry, the reluctant ape is now languishing in the garage I haven’t even bothered cleaning it, I’ll be deciding it’s long term future shortly, although in the mean time I’ll need to sort the busted belly pan and leaking fork seal both no doubt caused by the yumps and jumps on the Sunday ride out, top weekend despite missing the fun on Sat. Many thanks to everyone involved and I best wishes and speedy recovery to Edward.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

What happened to Edward??

After Action Report needed - Trench foot or was it a haggis inflicted injury along the way...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

JSt wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:57 pm
AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:54 pm but fast as me and my brother went, me on the storm and Norman on a KTM RC8, there was always a bloke with a red helmet on a little silver 700cc single cyl husky vitpulin there as well ....... I though maybe he had got the belt of his coat caught on the KTM foot peg and he was being dragged round against his will, but james and that little bike were flying!!!
:lol:

I think you were on the money with my coat being caught on that RC8. My goodness, the McQ clan sure do boogie. I grew pretty attached to the little bike over the weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone again next year already.

funniest thing all weekend was watching that 701 make shapes lol.. :thumbup: :thumbup: any sign of the big girl coming back yet?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
JSt

Post by JSt »

:D
Would you believe the bike was ready for me on Monday but they noticed a leaking fork seal so I got that sorted and picked it up on Tuesday - Op Storm NI sure was a tough tour of duty!!
jzape2005

Post by jzape2005 »

Felicidades por la reunion. Envidia sana. Un paraje perfecto.ImageImage

Enviat des del meu Aquaris M5 usant Tapatalk

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

jzape2005 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:27 am Felicidades por la reunion. Envidia sana. Un paraje perfecto
Enviat des del meu Aquaris M5 usant Tapatalk
you can come next year, but you have to bring the sunshine with you :lol:
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

JSt wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:51 am :D
Would you believe the bike was ready for me on Monday but they noticed a leaking fork seal so I got that sorted and picked it up on Tuesday - Op Storm NI sure was a tough tour of duty!!
have they commented on the mileage you put on the Vitpulin?, or the state of the tyres :lol: ... one carefully looked after Demo bike
AMcQ
JSt

Post by JSt »

Not at all Al - absolute gent.

How many days until next time?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

JSt wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:02 am Not at all Al - absolute gent.

How many days until next time?
357 days and 6 hrs approximately :( ............ not sure I can cope
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

JSt wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:51 am :D
I've gotta ask James. Was anything mentioned about the little rattle when you returned the loaner?

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal