Iv Lost my Cherry!

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
darrenmartin

Iv Lost my Cherry!

Post by darrenmartin »

I finaly got caught speding yesturday :oops: it went like this;
Im sure that was a white car parked on the slip road iv just rocketed past. i think ill slow down just for a short while to double che....oh sh1t copper up my butt...... :eek2 dont panic daz dont panic, he hasnt put his lights on yet so ride to the letter of the law :angel: one more check in the mirror and......................... pretty blue lights fill the reflection :cry: It was just good timimg by the officer as wouldnt you know theres a lay buy just on the left. :roll: oh well here goes....now remember :think: what you were told all those years ago when you passed your test. There were two words that the instructors drummed into us.....HUMBLE PIE, as much as you can eat.
Here are the steps i took in damage limitation;
after pullimg over, switch off the engine
removed my gloves and helmet
aproched the officer and bid him a good afternoon
i treated him with respect as from now on my punishment is in his hands. Long story short, he actualy said to me he apreciated my atitude towards the situation. (at the end of the day im bang to rites) "how fast do you think you were traveling at" he asked. I replied "i would imagine in the mid 80s sir" "and the rest" was his reply. This divice will now display the corect speed.......................98 :eek2
"i should summons you to court for this offence, however due to the fact that you have a clean licence and your compliant manner im going to deal with it by the road side. £100 3pts RESULT :thumbup: Play nice if you get pulled, i did :wave:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Iv Lost my Cherry!

Post by sirch345 »

I think you were very lucky there Darren, your attitude certainly helped. By the sounds of it, it could have been much worse,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What should have the speed been on that road. £100 revenue :eek2 Still you where lucky mate and done the right thing. It never pays to start winding them up. It's different if they start but that's IMO :wink:

Personally i'm onto 6 points now and it gets one thinking about slowing down for a while :roll: I do still have my moments but I think a little more discretionary as to where and when they are.

I'm quite shocked by that £100 as a fixed penalty. I didn't realise a fixed penalty's could get that high without a magistrate's say so :think:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

They recently went up from £60.

There are some fair coppers about, I got pulled and was told that he had waited until I had seen him and braked before he took the reading. Hence only 3 points and not a trip to court. :clap:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

OUTRAGEOUS !

It's people like you hooning around at outrageous speeds that are ruining this once great nation of ours!

How do you expect us law abiding citizens innocently driving along adhering to the speed limit to be able to concentrate on radio 4 & our texting whilst trying to not flick fag ash into our coffee cup balanced between our legs...

Bloody motorbikists the lot of you should be locked up...If I was that copper I would have thrown the book at you, handcuffs, CS gas, a couple of whacks with the baton & a good shoeing in the cells for good measure.

GRRRR!

Nice one Darren, sort of a result despite the fine, just don't get caught again...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It's a good price to pay for having too much fun ::lol:
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

One thing i will add is that the Officer dealing with me said "i did hear you before i say you and your bike sounds realy nice and has a realy deep boom." yes officer, i thought to myself, that'll be the twin non legal race cans iv got fitted (baffels removed). Also he never checked over the bike and didnt even mention the small number plate! just goes to show that all coppers arn't b8stard....(just most of em :wink: )
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

:lol: nice one Mac :thumbup:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

how quick were you going . ???
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Yeah.. we all wanna know the velocity of your Honda VTR seat as
the sherrif docked you ... but.... its all a matter of if you want to cough
this to all and sundry.....personally I would not commit to publish my terminal
velocity on a public forum ....and thats ok by me m8tey.. Your dealings with
the officer seemed to have stimulated a degree of leniency from him :thumbup:
watch the speed though :wave:
playerone

Post by playerone »

Saintsman27 wrote:Yeah.. we all wanna know the velocity of your Honda VTR seat as
the sherrif docked you ... but.... its all a matter of if you want to cough
this to all and sundry.....personally I would not commit to publish my terminal
velocity on a public forum ....and thats ok by me m8tey.. Your dealings with
the officer seemed to have stimulated a degree of leniency from him :thumbup:
watch the speed though :wave:
lumpyv wrote:how quick were you going . ???
darrenmartin wrote: This divice will now display the corect speed.......................98 :eek2
:thumbup:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Why is it you have to eat humble pie with the police to go easy on, its like they get a kick out of making you look like a cnut, they haven't got to do anything.

So what if your speeding down a large bit of road, the only time I would ever book someone for speeding would be if they done it down a residential area or near a school/hospital.
Beleif

Post by Beleif »

I got lucky once when a lady pulled out on me at traffic lights and I went over the bonnet. The bike cop looked at my bike, commented on the race can and wondered where my tax disc was. I said it must have come off the bike.

He didn't mention it again and asked me to provide license and insurance details within a week.
budd

Post by budd »

Beleif wrote:I got lucky once when a lady pulled out on me at traffic lights and I went over the bonnet. The bike cop looked at my bike, commented on the race can and wondered where my tax disc was. I said it must have come off the bike.

He didn't mention it again and asked me to provide license and insurance details within a week.
Following a smash many years ago the attending copper ask me for my details/docs etc while I was been treated at the roadside then came to the hospital and give me a producer, when I explained that I’d probably not be able to get to the police station due to been in traction he suggested I get someone to bring them into the hospital so he could come in and check them (which he did) fortunately everything was in order.
The other thing he was moaning about was not been able to check the tax because the bike had ended up in a tree and I guess pigs don’t climb to well :D
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
geoff996

Post by geoff996 »

There's good and bad in all if your sensible and polite you can normally get away with a lighter sentence. I got caught speeding on the A55 in wales, copper asked how fast I was going I said about 80 (I was when they were following me) he say NO when we caught you I said I don't know he said we'll say 99 mph I said ok. I was in a rush to get the ferry I was doing anything up to 120mph so 99 was good. 3 points and £60 it was about 10 yrs ago
RIDE TO ENJOY