view more smilies

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
bazzashadow

view more smilies

Post by bazzashadow »

is it just me or windows 10
but when I click view more smilies the little window comes up in the corner back it all freezes?
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: view more smilies

Post by sirch345 »

Which browser are you using :?: If you're using "Edge", you may find "Firefox" a better option,

Chris.
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

sirch345 wrote:Which browser are you using :?: If you're using "Edge", you may find "Firefox" a better option,

Chris.

internet explorer 11
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bazzashadow wrote:
sirch345 wrote:Which browser are you using :?: If you're using "Edge", you may find "Firefox" a better option,

Chris.

internet explorer 11
It's your call, but if it were me I'd give Firefox a try. Either that or wait to see if anyone else using W10 posts a solution, there must be some using W10 :wink:

I'm using Windows 8.1, but have put off upgrading yet until all the bugs (well hopefully most of them) have been ironed out. When Windows 8 first came out I took a chance with my new pc with it having Windows 8 installed. I went through some buggy problems with the operating system being new to get to where it is now, so by putting off the Windows 10 upgrade I'm hoping to avoid some of the hassle :) Mind you I only have up to until July 2016 to get the free upgrade,

Chris.
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

had the same when XP came out, even the game they had installed was never compatible with XP.
an update for windows 10 has just made incredimail go wrong.
waiting for them to fix that know :x
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I feel for you mate, I know what it's like.
They're going to have to get their act together if I'm going to upgrade to W10.

Windows 10 users where are you :?: Bazza is struggling here :wink: :thumbup:

Chris.
Virt

Post by Virt »

The issue is not Windows 10, it is Internet Explorer. IE has long had a record of not following many of the standards for JavaScript or simply having a bad implementation... Even though it is better in the later versions it's still not perfect, updating to a browser like Chrome (preferred), Edge or Firefox is all that IE is good for imo.

Is incredimail an app made by Microsoft? If not, it's that apps developers that are at fault instead of Microsoft. Apps that work on 8/8.1 should not be expected to work on 10 without any modifications.. some might be able to, but those are the exception rather than the standard

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I have Windows 10 on the pc .
Tbh I haven't turned it on to play with it
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

to be honest windows 10 has not been as bad as window XP was
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Virt wrote:The issue is not Windows 10, it is Internet Explorer. IE has long had a record of not following many of the standards for JavaScript or simply having a bad implementation... Even though it is better in the later versions it's still not perfect, updating to a browser like Chrome (preferred), Edge or Firefox is all that IE is good for imo.
In which case that shouldn't affect me to much if/when I upgrade to W10, as I hardly use Internet Explorer. I use Firefox and Opera. Thanks for you input YMV :thumbup:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

IE is poop as virt says they are not standards compliant. I wouldn't recommend Chrome though as google are checking for updates far too often and then automatically updating in the background :evil: It's your machine not theirs, you control what software's you want and when to update. Don't allow companies to take control of your life, google spy on your data enough with your browsing habits if you use the google search engine. All they have done with Chrome is incorporate more ways to spy and data mine. Google are one of the evils and should be kept at a distance. Resistance is not futile. :D

For a google alternative search engine
https://www.startpage.com/

Opera Developer version is good as it incorporates a free browser VPN Proxy service within it. Not sure how that is going to work out as they have just sold out to a Chinese tech company for $1.2 Billion. I use Firefox for my main everyday browsing but I also use Opera Dev, Safari and Tor for other activities.
==============================Enter the Darkside
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

i use windows 10 with google and have no issues with accessing the smilies
:clap: :thumbup: :wave: :biggrin :lol: :D :smoke: :Smash Computer: :Stick: :Wall: :wtf: :flasher:
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup: