Heated Grips - any good?

General Biker Banter
Rob

Heated Grips - any good?

Post by Rob »

Going to try using my bike for at least a couple more months for commuting but am struggling with my hands already! It's bloody cold at 5am even now lol

Can anyone recommend any good heated grips? Are they worth getting? What size would I need?

Thanks for any advice,

Cheers,

Rob.
VTRbob

Post by VTRbob »

got oxford ones on both my storms, had them on last few bikes ive had, rode home from edinburgh bike show in snow for 150 miles & i reckon they saved my life, worth every penny :D
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Yes. Always had them. Quite easy to wire into a switched live from behind the ignition switch too so you don't drain the battery by mistake. I changed the standard huge rotary switch to a simple illuminated on/off toggle switch. Much easier
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I use the oxford velro grips. Velcro them on in the winter take the off in the summer.
They make the bars a bit fat at first but you get used to them.

The main thing is they keep my hand warm
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

I miss my heated grips. i had the re branded Daytona ones from Hein Gerike (sp) on my TRX850.....i used to have mine on full whack all winter..coz i have poor circulation in the hands..and by gum i am really missing havin a set at the moment.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Also worth investing in a pair of motoX style hand guards

They can take a bit of hacking to get a fit but they keep a load of wind of your hands
Combined with heated grips you can wear summer gloves all year (and therefore keep that all important feel)

The same effect can be achieved with bar muffs but unless you have elastoplast on your National Health specs you shouldnt be seen dead with a set :lol:
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Cheers guys, will go and order some :D