APE Cam Chain Tensioners. Do you want some?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Kitch

APE Cam Chain Tensioners. Do you want some?

Post by Kitch »

I'm currently sorting out ordering some of these from the USA direct from APE (£26 each as opposed to £42 each UK price)

I'm seeing here if anyone else is interested in ordering with me to save on postage or see if the nice Americans will discount a bulk purchase.

Register your interest here and I'll update as I get more info.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
chaz

Post by chaz »

just bought a pair from dave silver!!!

thing is at £26 you wont have to pay import duty but on a bulk lot might. depends on the Royal Mail. so you might want to consider building in a charge to cover
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Well, I'm fed up with the Honda ones being shite. I had two new ones fitted (even got uprated springs in them) and the front one is being problematic after 4000 miles.

So sack it, gonna get some of these.

Could go for an engineering custom job on my current ones, but I'm not great at fabricating things and tbh cant be arsed.

I want it fixed for good, so APEs it is.

I spoke to a nice guy and he told me its $40 shipping on 2 and maybe $50 on 10.

I'll let this run over the weekend for people to check in, but I'm ordering some on Monday. I'm going to be away on Saturday night, so will check in on Sunday. Therefore, if you want to join in, PM me your email so I can send you a direct mail on Sunday.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

Bugger....i'd be up for a pair if i had the money....but i ve not even got enough money to afford to put petrol in the bike at the mo.........gutted
mazsuper

Post by mazsuper »

put me down for a set

wave if you see me at the BMF
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

lost my rag so bad with the standard ones and like kitch said impissed off with 'uprated' springs etc so got some made. they dont have to even be fancy. when they are finished, ill see how much the cost is and see what you think
mazsuper

Post by mazsuper »

Hey Kitch

thought i may add this to the post

http://secure.mycart.net/catalogs/catal ... prevnext=1
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Just FYI anyone else, I've orderd mine and maz's so you've missed the boat this time.

If you can find one other person to order with you, you can get 2 tensioners shipped from the USA with gaskets for the price you'd pay for 1 tensioner on its own in the UK.
gcs

Post by gcs »

Hi guys and gals,

I ordered and recieved a set of ape tensioners, got them fitted and am a happy boy now, I always had the thought at the back of my mind that the original ones would fail again, and cost more money( I think they look good too).

I also got a K&N filter which was cheaper than I could get them for here.
local shop recomended dynojet kit to sort carbs to suit new filter, just going back in tomorrow to sort out low rev glitches ( runs really shitty at steady throttle at 2500 revs) so hopefully it will be everything I hoped for. :P :P
Craig from the land of the long white cloud. Teal VTR 2001.