problem! misfire past 7k revs!!!!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
stormstreeter

problem! misfire past 7k revs!!!!

Post by stormstreeter »

hi i now have a firestorm 100 but have a bad missfire at high revs, i have took the bike to a garrage where they have checked the timing and found it to be 1 tooth out they rotated and checked over and over and the valve gaps but still has a misfire, they think its could be a problem with the ecu, has any one had any probs like this.cheers
alan

Post by alan »

VTRBob had a misfire high in the rev range changed the front coil and messed with the throttle sensor and had no probs since, probably be along to explain.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

The last couple of chaps who have had this problem found there timing to be out by 180 degrees. One of them had even had the job done by a garage and it had been set up wrong.(ie the timing marks lined up but the firing time was wrong to the valve position)
Another easy one is the fuel line vacuum, the hose can either be on the wrong position or split or the tap itself could be faulty.

Pete.l
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Just a continuation to Pete.L's post :!:

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB2/viewtopic ... ht=misfire

Chris.
stormstreeter

Post by stormstreeter »

just got back from the garrage and told the mechanic of this problems saying it could be 180 degrees out but he said hes is 100% sure he has timed it up perfect and checked it over, still saying its the ecu, i am now goin to have alook myself when weatehr gets better see if its timed up fine or try an spare ecu if anyone got one kicking about?