shyte weather

General Biker Banter
tony.wilde1

shyte weather

Post by tony.wilde1 »

this was the sky today at 4pm ,in crawley industrial estate,shortly after it pissed down with thunder ,hail stones,etc....the good old summer time my butt :x
ImageImageImageImage
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Apparently 56% don't think that we have global warming problem:!: Where have they been living :?:
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

sirch345 wrote:Apparently 56% don't think that we have global warming problem:!: Where have they been living :?:

could you send the warming bit to me chris!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.wilde1 wrote:
sirch345 wrote:Apparently 56% don't think that we have global warming problem:!: Where have they been living :?:

If I had it I would Tony :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

sirch345 wrote:
tony.wilde1 wrote:

If I had it I would Tony :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

awwwwww now thats what i call a friend!! :D
ImageImageImageImage
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

If you listen to the historians, they say that if you look back over millions of years the planet earth warms up and then cools down. It has done this a number of time and they have proved it. They are saying earth is just in one of it's warm up fazes.

I do think that the politicians are just using "global warming" for political gain.

Look at the farce of higher road tax on "gas guzzling 4x4s" £400 next year. The tax system put my 1.6 Zafira in the same tax bracket :twisted:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Fireman on a Storm wrote:
If you listen to the historians, they say that if you look back over millions of years the planet earth warms up and then cools down. It has done this a number of time and they have proved it. They are saying earth is just in one of it's warm up fazes.

I do think that the politicians are just using "global warming" for political gain.

Look at the farce of higher road tax on "gas guzzling 4x4s" £400 next year. The tax system put my 1.6 Zafira in the same tax bracket :twisted:
Hi Paul,
Some interesting points there :!:

Out of interest what has caused your Zafira to come into the £400 per year road tax bracket :?: as I thought it was based on engine size (cc) and only affected vehicles with engines that were quite a lot more than your 1600cc Zafira :!:

Chris.
Fireman on a Storm

sirch345 wrote:

Hi Paul,

Out of interest what has caused your Zafira to come into the £400 per year road tax bracket :?: as I thought it was based on engine size (cc) and only affected vehicles with engines that were quite a lot more than your 1600cc Zafira :!:

Chris.
On the old raod tax system you paid the lower rate tax on a car under 1.4 and the higher rate road tax on a car over 1.4

On the new system your road tax is based on the CO2 emmisions of the car.

If your car is NOT new enough to be in the new CO2 tx system (mine is a 52 plate) you are on the old system.

Gordon Browns new way of taxing cars has put the "old" over 1.4 cars on an equal tax level as the gas guzzling 4x4 tax £400 next year (worst co2 rating)

So unless you can afford a new car (less that 3 years old) or you drive a car under 1.4 you are going to pay through the nose.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Strange. At approx 4pm today Tony I was on the M23 coming past the Crawley turning so saw this (and felt the huge rain drops on the car too)!
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

"So unless you can afford a new car (less that 3 years old) or you drive a car under 1.4 you are going to pay through the nose"........what a short sighted way of looking at the situation. In effect it will devalue cars over a certain age. It will add to the amount of polutants released into the atmosphere as demand for new cars will go up with most people wanting to stay in thye lower tax bracket. If anything you should get a reduction for driving and older car. There are more polutants released into the atmosphere building a new car than it will ever pump out of its exhaust in its lifetime and thats a fact thats been proven time and time again.

I'm getting a bit sick and tired of this government and its so called "green" taxes. Taxes are not green, they're there to squeeze even more money out of the populace
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

I was out riding all day yesterday...

ya big bunch o jessies

:)
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Fireman on a Storm

BarryH wrote:"So unless you can afford a new car (less that 3 years old) or you drive a car under 1.4 you are going to pay through the nose"........what a short sighted way of looking at the situation. In effect it will devalue cars over a certain age. It will add to the amount of polutants released into the atmosphere as demand for new cars will go up with most people wanting to stay in thye lower tax bracket. If anything you should get a reduction for driving and older car. There are more polutants released into the atmosphere building a new car than it will ever pump out of its exhaust in its lifetime and thats a fact thats been proven time and time again.

I'm getting a bit sick and tired of this government and its so called "green" taxes. Taxes are not green, they're there to squeeze even more money out of the populace
Don't forget the recycling cost of scrapping older car
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

sirch345 wrote:

Hi Paul,

Chris.
On the old raod tax system you paid the lower rate tax on a car under 1.4 and the higher rate road tax on a car over 1.4

On the new system your road tax is based on the CO2 emmisions of the car.

If your car is NOT new enough to be in the new CO2 tx system (mine is a 52 plate) you are on the old system.

Gordon Browns new way of taxing cars has put the "old" over 1.4 cars on an equal tax level as the gas guzzling 4x4 tax £400 next year (worst co2 rating)

So unless you can afford a new car (less that 3 years old) or you drive a car under 1.4 you are going to pay through the nose.
Thanks Paul for that info :!: A lot different than I understood it to be :!: An even bigger rip off than I thought :!: So it's hit the motorist again, after all, they're a nice easy target :!: :x

BarryH
I think the general public as a whole are getting fed up with ever increasing taxes that we keep getting piled on to us :!:
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

My city even hit -9 degrees (-16.7 with wind chill) a week or so ago. Buckets lower than our previous record. Naturally, I spent that day out on the Storm...
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
grinner

Post by grinner »

I got caught in the later hailstorm on the 23.

Bloody hurt (but I was on a blackbird)! No entendres please Tony 8O