Hi Everyone!

General Bike chat
dynamite

Hi Everyone!

Post by dynamite »

Hi everyone im Matt,Ive just traded my sv650 for a 2001 firestorm today and i pick it up tomorrow!
Could i get some feed back from wot im gonna get out of my storm as the sv was a brilliant bike!
Any info would be great as i dont no to much about the firestorm!

Thanks Matt
Burn Rubber Not Your Soul!
Badger

Post by Badger »

Hi mate & welcome
you'll get a thin wallet as they drink petrol 8O
Martin

Post by Martin »

You'll get to be on first name terms with your local petrol station forecourt staff! But apart from that, you'll need a surgeon to wipe the grin off yer face. :P
Drink to contentment not to capacity. I just haven't figured out which comes first.
stormy 1

Post by stormy 1 »

Welcome mate :wink: ,one thing for certain youll get to blow sv650s into the weeds :twisted: ,oh and the front wheel knows nothing about gravity :P .Have fun and dont let the gatsos bite :!: .
noise polution?,you should see my MPG!!!
VTR1000fw,scorpian cans,dynojet and K&N all wrapped up in HRC colours.I need a HRC avatar!.
v twin

Post by v twin »

hi matt, ive had my storm about 4 months now, and love it to bits apart from the petrol thing :( didnt think it could get any better till i put some oval scorpion cans on sounds and goes like the dogs bollox :D
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

Hi Matt, bought mine 9 months ago, as everyone says they drink petrol but that's such a small price to pay fot the best value bike on the market.

Still scares the sh1t out of me when you really go for it and when you do not much will ever get past . They will blow ANY car into the weeds so they don't even bother. Ha ha ha

TOP FUN!!!!!

Phil
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Drinks petrol my butt
If you replace the standard paper air filter/carb bung with a proper filter and maybe rejet to suit its pretty bloomin good
Mate Geoff (Smokin Joes) and myself normally get red light at about 120 miles with easily another 20 before empty.

Finally spluttered & died at 151.7 the other week after an hour and a half blast early sunday morning.
And before anyone comments, the only time I was gently with it was the last 10 miles

Ben
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Fuel?

How does 42 mpg as an average sound. 55 miles at 90mph motorway and 60 miles of hard twisties.

Mines a 2000 storm, drops to about 35 round town.
Art can are the only mod.
smokin joes

Post by smokin joes »

What Stormin Ben said is 100% true, replace the "bung" / stock filter with a good aftermarket, "free flow" one and instant more grins per mile, plus it "brightens up" the throttle response too ""

Geoff M
Sex is like air. It only becomes really important when you aren't getting any.
t00lkit

Welcome

Post by t00lkit »

Welcome to the world of aching wrists.

I swapped over from a Fazer earlier this year, this is the only downside so far, everything else is better to say the least.

Went for a group ride last week with 4 hornets, 1 cbr and 2 zx-6r, guess who's bike they were all looking at when we met up?

The bright red storm in the corner!