Fitting Bar Ends

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Rob

Fitting Bar Ends

Post by Rob »

I have bought some universal bar ends that fit by expanding a rubber inside the bar. How do I remove the fitting that's already in there that the Honda bar ends bolt to?

Any advice appreciated - I don't want to damage anything trying to force them out!
alan

Post by alan »

Rob use the bolt out of your original bar end to bolt your new bar end dont use the rubber.no need to take the centre thingy out it will tighten up ok

I did this on my old bars without any probs..
Rob

Post by Rob »

alan wrote:Rob use the bolt out of your original bar end to bolt your new bar end dont use the rubber.no need to take the centre thingy out it will tighten up ok

I did this on my old bars without any probs..
I did try that, but because the original is 'keyed' it only sits on half the face. Seems pretty secure and looks ok though, so I'll leave it like that.

Cheers,

Rob.
beesfan

Post by beesfan »

I've got a question about bar ends, i'm using standard honda ones and they're sitting in the groove correctly but the inside of the clipons seems to be moving. Any ideas if this can be fixed?
Stormin Ben

Re: Fitting Bar Ends

Post by Stormin Ben »

Rob wrote:I have bought some universal bar ends that fit by expanding a rubber inside the bar. How do I remove the fitting that's already in there that the Honda bar ends bolt to?

Any advice appreciated - I don't want to damage anything trying to force them out!

Rob,
The Honda fitting is held in by a couple of spring loaded pegs that are about half way under the grips
You need to peel them back and you'll see the lugs which you can press in and the whole lot then just pulls out

Interestingly I found the tingles a lot LESS after removing them -weird eh??
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!