After the Lord Mayor's show .........

General Biker Banter
Brian

After the Lord Mayor's show .........

Post by Brian »

Having had a great ride-out at the Storm Gathering in Matlock ( Thanks Silver Zipper - terrific route ) I went off to Oulton Park on Tuesday for my first ever trackday .Having riden the Snake Pass at reasonable speed , I was feeling confident and relaxed. Tuesday morning was horribly wet but I really enjoyed my first session - Oulton Park is an awesome circuit . During the second session , there was a dry line available and I was getting quicker . Having changed up into fifth at the crest of Clay Hill I arrived at the braking point for Druids faster than before . Braking for the first apex , I locked the rear wheel and was immediately off . I haven't really crashed before - it's very fast and violent .
My beautiful Firestorm is grazzed all along one side - the crank case ground away and it was bleeding oil everywhere. The Paramedics were fantastic but I don't have as much skin on my hand and leg as I used to , I should have gone to Le MAns yesterday for the MotoGP but no bike and an inability to bend my right leg put paid to that idea.
Damn.
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

:( so sorry to hear mate,sh1t news. :(
blindmaninchains

Post by blindmaninchains »

Bad luck mate, but it could have been worse - chin up!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Sorry too hear that Brian :!: A speedy recovery to you and the bike :)

Chris.
SILVER ZIPPER

Post by SILVER ZIPPER »

Sorry to hear about the off Brian,the skin will be back soon.
Can you fix the storm :?:
I was watching just after the bridge at oulton at the bsb, kin ell 8O
That's a big off to come here after and still be able to walk let alone talk about it 8)
I HATE IT WHEN I HAVE TO PUT IT AWAY........
Brian

Can the bike be fixed ?

Post by Brian »

Hi Silver Zipper - it's being checked over now . The faring is cracked and scrapped , mirror and front indicator gone , crankcase cover has a hole in it about a cm across , the Scorpion Blue Flame exhaust is no longe " Blue Flame " . I can't tell if the subframe is bent - I don't think the frame itself is damaged . We'll see.
Another painful think is it isn't insured for trackdays and I wasn't planning to fall off !