First time in 8 months!!!

General Biker Banter
tattie

First time in 8 months!!!

Post by tattie »

Got the bike mot'd, yesterday first time on the beast for 8 months, Yahoo I forgot the throttle went so far :lol: :lol: :lol:. It is now back at my mates and I have removed the fairing to repair the seagull damage from last years run over the west. Apart from plastic welding sticks, heat gun or soldering ironed to the cracks on the inside, is there another method that can be used to repair the cracks? Do Halfords do any plastic/abs repair kits.
Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Cheers folks

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
kevg

Post by kevg »

alright matey good to hear your still around and the bike still goes.

i think halfords might do bodywork repair type kits, i think they are what you are thinking of, with the resin and fibreglass webbing stuff, might do to paste on the inside, but not sure what you could use to actually fix the crack.

how's the holiday house coming on? looking for any visitors yet
cheerz

kev
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Good to see you back Al.

Soldering iron and plastic coat hangers. Get the black hangers and you wont have to paint anything.
Rich.

tattie

Post by tattie »

Holiday house is coming on fine, mind you it would be better if there were 48 hours in the day. Have been doing groundworks this last week as the digger I have on loan from my friend has to go back soon. front garden resembles trenches on the front line, hope to be getting a shot of a teleporter on friday to install the sewage treatment plant (9 foot high and 6 foot wide) you want to see the amount of earth I had to shift for the hole for it.
As usual all the promised help from the people that I have done favours for over the years never materialised. :(
Are you serious about the plastic hangers soop?

We had a rally about 20 mile north of here last weekend, the local plod were out in force ( about 4 times their usual prescence, so I've been told) probably trying out the new "TOY". The camera van has now got 2 cameras to enable the operator to nail bikes that they could not previously get. Beware, this van operates all over the north and as far south as Dalwhinnie over to Rannoch moor ,Glencoe and across to Badenoch and strathspey.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Cant say I've tried it myself Alan but I've heard it works.
Rich.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's good too hear from you again Tattie :!: :D

I can vouch for Rich's (Cupasoop) suggestion using a plastic coat hanger as a plastic solder, it definitely works as I have used it myself :!:

Chris.
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

use plastex its all over ebay. ive used it loads ( :oops: )
and is pretty much as permanent as you can get if you do it properly