It was a good day until !!!!!!!!!

General Biker Banter
VeetyR

Post by VeetyR »

surely if they write it iff it would only be cat c or somit so damage could be repaired and the bike put back on the road??

a full payout and less £££ to repair = money in pocket, no??
Keep it gutter...Keep it grimey..........one!
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

£50 less payout and no gloomy cat letter hanging round its neck would be better, no?
Jason

Post by Jason »

Just had a quote from a Honda Dealership

Total for parts £1880 that's not including Labour 8O

Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

bloody hell with rip off prices like that no wonder insurance companies are so quick to write bikes off :cry:
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Doesn't look like anything really fundamental is damaged (e.g frame or engine). You could probably get it back to scratch using second hand parts for a lot less than Mr Honda is quoting.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Jaglifter wrote:Doesn't look like anything really fundamental is damaged (e.g frame or engine). You could probably get it back to scratch using second hand parts for a lot less than Mr Honda is quoting.
Thats the plan Jaglifter.
Just waiting on the drivers insurance now, got to add new Shoei lid, leathers, gloves and boots all damaged. Loss of work, pain and suffering, inconvenience and anything else my solicitor can think of.

I was going to do some mods in the winter anyway so if they payout and I can keep the bike, I will wait till then to do the repairs.

I have managed to get the bike back on the road, put the old screen back on and made a gear selector :wink: so I will be at Matlock :lol:
lmao_37

Post by lmao_37 »

sooo sorry to here you had a blind driver pull out on you good to hear that you walked away from it with only minor hurts, by the sounds of it your getting over the worst of it hope you and your bike can be sorted soon

well did you ask your wifey ''hows my bike'' when you were in hospital ? that always goes down well :)
wheres the road kill............?
iam hungry!!!!!
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Excellent Jason. Glad to hear you're on the road again.
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Jason

Post by Jason »

lmao_37 wrote:
well did you ask your wifey ''hows my bike'' when you were in hospital ? that always goes down well :)
Cheers lmao

No did not dare to ask her, but I did ask about 10 people at the scene if it was ok and got them to take pictures to show me :lol:
Jason

Post by Jason »

I think she knew I was OK, when the paramedic told her I would not them CUT my Leathers off 8O :lol:
Jason

Post by Jason »

Had the call from the insurance today :roll: Offered £2400 and I can buy the bike back for £700 :? it will be a CAT C :lol:
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

Gotta look on the bright side... At least you weren't lying on Aussie bitumen in the middle of summer!

Sounds like a great deal with the buy-back. Trust you & the cycle will be up & running again soon.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?