Dead Car

General Biker Banter
kevg

Dead Car

Post by kevg »

Killed my car this morning on the way to work, had a nice slide down a hill straight into a farmers gatepost. it was either that or the front of a bus and the car decieded the post...by f*ck was that thing solid, the size of a telegraph post and rooted to the center of the earth.

the bus went into the village and then returned down the same hill, tried to turn into the junction that i missed and stopped just by it, only to be hit up the butt by a car that did the same 60 yard slide down the hill as me...lol.

One dead alpha:

cheerz

kev
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

FirestormMike wrote:you have the same car as my mum btw..
Not any more he dosnt!

Bummer kev, at least it's only the car,
Rich.

kevg

Post by kevg »

yup, lol, time for a winter hack i think, mind you i'd have not made it down the hill on two wheels either, but it might have been cheeper to fix.
cheerz

kev
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

glad you're ok m8............ 8O
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
Bondy

Post by Bondy »

Good to hear your ok, car looks repairable too. Hope you get it back on the road looks like a nice motor.
To stupid to live to young to die.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Dam crumple zones.

An old MK1 Cortina would just have put a kink in the bumper ;)

Glad you're ok.
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

FirestormMike wrote:you have the same car as my mum btw..
What? An Alpha that needs a good iron?
kevg wrote:...mind you i'd have not made it down the hill on two wheels either, but it might have been cheeper to fix.
Yeah, but you mightn't have been! If it had to happen, I'm glad it happened how it did.
If you ate yourself would you become twice as big or simply disappear?
simon t

Post by simon t »

Timbo wrote:
Main thing is, nobody hurt. Its just a car, it will fix, in fact it will probably T-Cut out :)
Or you could get Father Ted to do the panel-beating for you :lol:
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

now dont get me wrong here but it annoys the crap out of me when people say 'glad you are ok'

it looks like the tinyest dent which can be fixed. not like you can get injured anyway by the looks of that.

christ almighty :!:

not like the programme i saw last night that nearly made me chuck it was so rough with pedestrians flying about the place after being hit by cars

not good

so

tuff luck about the car
kevg

Post by kevg »

Cheers all.

i know what you mean Karlos, i hit the post with a fair bang, lol, the airbags never even went off though, not a serious crash, just thought i'd share my misery around.

having a bad few weeks, my grandpa got diagnosed with terminal cancer last week and not expected to live more than another few weeks, so a crash isn't to bad in the bigger scheme of things.
cheerz

kev
simon t

Post by simon t »

Ha ha, although I don't do Mr Angry like Karlos I think I know where he's coming from, which is "get things in perspective", which Kev (the man who miraculously walked away from this massive shunt - hey, he's built like a brick sh*thouse) kind of agreed with.

What really bugged me was when Schumacher broke his leg at Silverstone and by the wringing of hands you'd think someone had died. When Olivier Panis broke his at Canada, Jaques Villeneuve actually got an official b*llocking for saying "hey, it's just a broken leg". For Christs sake, these guys get paid millions and are probably more at risk driving to the circuit than actually racing on it.

At the time, my missus was being run over a week before our wedding and I had to wheel her down the aisle with her leg in plaster! So my sympathy for the overpaid, cotton-wool wrapped prima-donnas of F1 was probably pretty limited.

Er, was that all a bit off-subject? OK rant over :roll:
alan

Post by alan »

F1 drivers and footballers are all fecking wimps and pufftas!!!!!!!

Beckham broke a tiny little bone in his foot (it was the worst thing since twin towers fell to the ground f1 drivers are the same.

Not like your hardcore bsb/wsb/mgp riders they race all the time with broken bones for fxxk sake Hizzy even raced when he broke his neck and didnt even know about it 8O 8O what a fxxxxxxg hero!!!!!!!!
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

im glad the majority see where im comming from. i mean you no disrespect buddy, but for the love of god, a bit of a shunt.

its always bad when a fellow human being is injured and it goes without saying that i am happy that people can come out of an accident without being injured.

rest assured if it was a bigger accident i would have been very concerned.

more to the subject matter, i cant believe you mashed such a pretty car :roll:
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Sorry to hear about your Grandad Kev
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
kevg

Post by kevg »

Thanks Iggy, its been a bit of a mad week.

i only posted as i broke my car, thought it might bring a few laughs to some. and thought i'd show the ones that are still using their bikes what can happen to dozy car drivers. respect to all those who are still on two wheels, i stopped winter riding when i bought the storm new.

i'll let you know how much the insurance says it will cost to fix...anyone care to hazzard a guess. nearest gets a pint next time i'm at a meet-up.
cheerz

kev