EBAY RANT!!!!!!!!!!

General Biker Banter
beckster

EBAY RANT!!!!!!!!!!

Post by beckster »

Hello everybody,i just have to ask how many people are being scammed out of their money on ebay?
My last 2 purchases have never arrived the the slimey b*stard f**ker sellers have never replied to any of my messages as to where my goods are,one for a pair of gaerne bike boots and one for a xena disc lock.
I have to ask the question how do these thieving b*stards get their 100% feedback when all they do is steal peoples money and ebay don't seem to give a flying f*ck!!!!

HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TO GET STROKED BEFORE EBAY TAKES NOTICE!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
If it ain't broke,fiddle with it!
Bondy

Post by Bondy »

I sent off for new brake and clutch levers two weeks ago and still not arrived :( Think i might have been ripped off
To stupid to live to young to die.
BIG STEVE

Post by BIG STEVE »

E bay will only take notice if it affects how many people sign up / use it.
So for every poor bugger that vows never to use it again due to being shafted too often, another happy smiling face signs up ??

For me its the frustration of not being able to sort the robbing fu**ers out, it would be a different story if they thought some gorrilla was gonna turn up and kick there teeth in eh ??
sh1t HAPPENS !!!
yellowtrev

Post by yellowtrev »

Whatever you do don't use Pay-pal, it is in-secure, run by E-bay and you will receive nil co-operation in a dispute :evil:

I sold an old Fsie part on it a couple of years ago, the buyer paid by Pay-pal, i sent the item off, thought everything was okay.

About a month later i got an e-mail from E-bay that the Pay-pal account the buyer had set it up with had used an un-authorised card.

I had to pay Pay-pal the amount back, a bit extra for admin costs and i didn't get the part back. :evil:

I contacted a solicitor and a national newspaper's grievance column and i could do nothing. It was in the small print :evil:

The newspaper did tell me they had had many complaints about E-bay.

I now only deal with E-bay if i really have to, normally i contact the seller and do a deal, and i never use Pay-pal.

B@stards :evil:
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I have to say I always use Pay Pal and have never had a problem. It isn't correct to say its unsecure, it is a secure connection.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

beckster

Post by beckster »

I don't have a problem with paypal .....yet!

My biggest gripe is how these people get their 100% feedback when all they seem to do is steal honest peoples money,ebay is surely not policing its users properly.
If it ain't broke,fiddle with it!
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

Must admit I've not had many issues....Bought an X Box game the other week but it wouldn't load.
Contacted the guy and he had refunded my paypal before I'd even returned him the game (Which was nice......)

Always a bit wary of spending too much though just in case :?
alan

Post by alan »

Only probs i had was fecking royal mail posting my TT dvd in somebody elses house and the cheeky bastxxd even signed my name so i never got my money back or the dvd.
chaz

Post by chaz »

no problems with ebay or paypal as such, just buyers who dont understand cheques have to clear or their part is sat in a sorting office somewhere as the postie whos round it is is out sick.
only time Ive been shafted is when I sent cash to the states and some slimeball in L A International got away with $200, off auction so my hard luck.

what I will say is feedback is essential, if in doubt ask a couple of relevent age, condition questions to establish email connection also when comming to invoices or paypal payments in the address bar where you sign in make sure its https://www. and not just http://www. another tip is the yellow case bottom right, if that and the https are there it should be a secure site.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

I guess I've been lucky so far then!!

My top tip would be to set your paypal account to use a credit card (I use barclaycard)
Their online fraud protection means you have another course of redress if/when paypal bail out and shirk their responsibilities

Ebay stores do seem to be a lot less iffy coz that is their livelihood and they live and die by feedback

WRT feedback, One thing to look out for is ratings withdrawn. This can mean the buyer was unhappy &the seller persuaded them to not give negative feedback

My second top tip is to look at just the negative fedback
To do this click ont he user
IT displays ALL the feedback which is dull to trawl through
Change the period to 12 months
You can then select to view just the negative, or the neutral etc
I've got an inferiority complex
But its not a very good one!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Stormin Ben wrote:My second top tip is to look at just the negative fedback
To do this click ont he user
IT displays ALL the feedback which is dull to trawl through
Change the period to 12 months
You can then select to view just the negative, or the neutral etc
Or you can just use this http://www.toolhaus.org/ to check out ONLY neg feedback.
Rich.

Paddockstand Ltd

Hmmmmm

Post by Paddockstand Ltd »

Got to say I haven't had the same experience on Ebay as either a buyer or seller.

Anyway you should come and ask me first he he.

regards
Regards

Steve

Paddockstand Ltd
www.paddockstand.co.uk