How the heck do the seat undo ??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
ahurcombe

How the heck do the seat undo ??

Post by ahurcombe »

I have just bought a Firestorm but cannot undo the seat to remove the rear seat cowl, how does it work?????
curly

seat

Post by curly »

Put the key in the keyhole above the numberplate, turn clockwise. At the same time grab the seat at the front near the tank and pull back towards the rear. It should now come off! :D
Curly
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

It is a bit tricky - took me a while to get the hang of it. I find it easier to push down on it while pulling backwards - I think its the two hook things that are making it difficult.

Also be careful when turning the key in the back. The seat wont pop up or any thing so when you turn the key you will need to lift the seat up at the back to clear the lock. Dont be heavy handed with the key in the lock becase the key will twist very easily (Ive done it!!) and if youve got HISS then getting a replacement is very expensive - i.e. £60-£70!! 8O

Cheers
Wayne
philsmith

Post by philsmith »

it's a little bugger isn't it... :twisted:

I was fighting with mine for about 2 months, then i very slightly re-adjusted (bent forward!!) the silver painted loops (on the frame) that the hooks jam under & now it is much easier to remove, just lift @ rear & slide towards back & up... i use seat strap when cowl not on.

Hope that helps some more & welcome to Storm ownership....it's grrrreat!! :lol:

Phil
8)
Have fun & Ride Safe.
Phil.
W@zzA

Post by W@zzA »

I made the "U" shaped cut out where the the seat latch is in the frame under the seat deeper, made life easier.