Anyone get out today!

General Biker Banter
Red

Anyone get out today!

Post by Red »

Hi All,

Anyone get out today? Was foggy up North, Merseyside that is. But it cleared by about 9.00am and me and my parntner went to Rivington Barn.

Only the second time we have been and last time we followed some mates. So the inevitable happened, we got lost around Bolton, Burnley way, goin round in circles and then spotted a sign to Rivington.

Turned out to be a beauty of a day, a tad cold on the pinkies though.

Rivington Barn was packed with bikers, queue's of traffic,bikes and cars. Did spot a red firestorm with Japanese Characters on it, didnt get the Reg. Wouldn't happen to be one of you guys by any chance :lol:
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Yes out at 8.30am had to take my son for his CBT he is 16 on thursday, it was very cold to start with but soon warned up :wink:
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

Managed a quick blast today :D - Think I upset the neighbours though as it was the first time I've been out since removing the baffles :lol:
Zakalwe

Post by Zakalwe »

Yup...Devils Bridge was pretty busy as well.....guess the country isfull of salted-up, mucky bikes now!
Red

CBT

Post by Red »

Jason wrote:Yes out at 8.30am had to take my son for his CBT he is 16 on thursday, it was very cold to start with but soon warned up :wink:

Hi Jason,

I remember my CBT was'nt that long ago either about last May. Seemed really scary at the time going out on the road for the first day, but fun.

The really scary one was the practical test! What a pain in the ar*se, but obviously needed. Hope you lad did well. I decided to learn at 44, a bit late in the day. Better late than never. :)
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.
Jason

Re: CBT

Post by Jason »

Red wrote:
Jason wrote:Yes out at 8.30am had to take my son for his CBT he is 16 on thursday, it was very cold to start with but soon warned up :wink:

Hi Jason,

I remember my CBT was'nt that long ago either about last May. Seemed really scary at the time going out on the road for the first day, but fun.

The really scary one was the practical test! What a pain in the ar*se, but obviously needed. Hope you lad did well. I decided to learn at 44, a bit late in the day. Better late than never. :)
He did good, just the off road bit today and hes on the road thursday because hes not 16 till then, hes costing me £££££££££££
Red

Re: CBT

Post by Red »

He did good, just the off road bit today and hes on the road thursday because hes not 16 till then, hes costing me £££££££££££[/quote]

Glad he did well bet he was really buzzin too. You got it right about costing an arm and leg! Me and my partner learned at the same time, she was a natural and learned pretty quickly, I took a lilltle longer, but the upshot was it ended up costing about £2000.00 between us counting CBT and tests. 8O
chaz

Post by chaz »

saturday me and the boys were at Silverstone for a marshals training day, went in the car (6am start) really should have biked it as it would have been quicker and weather was good.
Sunday we went out for a ridex country to Yate, militaria fair, across to central Bristol computer fair then back up thru Bath on the A4, bikes need a clean now.
Followed a l plated twist and go thru some sweeping S bends , funny watching him put his foot down round the bends especially in green wellies :lol:
will probably ride to work this week as did most of last week, bike usually comes out when I have to wipe the frost off at 11pm 8O
Jaglifter

Post by Jaglifter »

Went out yesterday with my son - he has a TZR 250, slightly modified to give 52 bhp - and a mate of ours who has an SP1 like mine.

Weather was fine sunny but cold, plenty of grip. Lots of noise. Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:

Today was less good. No sun and very slippy. Bit of a skid/slide pulling out at the end of the road was enough to put the mockers on the rest of my ride. The SP has done this twice now. It doesn't seem to like low speed turns under acceleration!
She's my idea of beauty and thats what I ride.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Sorry - is it April already? Have I been hibernating? Am I a real TOGG now?
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

phild

OUT ON SUNDAY

Post by phild »

RED ...YOUR RIGHT IT WAS GREAT DAY UP HERE IN THE NORTH BUT NO SUCH LUCK FOR ME 4 BIKES AND NOT ONE IS ON THE ROAD BUT THAT WILL CHANGE ON 1 MARCH .OFTEN GO TO RIVVI LATE IN AFTERNOON ON NICE SUNDAYS,I WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR FELLOW STORMTROOPER,MINE IS P REG BLACK WITH YELLOW BITS
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Phil....kill the caps ffs :wink:
Rich.

phild

Post by phild »

hows this look
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

phild wrote:hows this look
Smashing, much easier on the old eyes 8O
Rich.

phild

Post by phild »

sorry about that ,i only type with one hand so its all upper or all lower case,my left hand is for holding my glass,which is currently full of a good single malt,which i'm sure a scotsman would appreciate,it also helps with the eyes,everything gets a bit blurred around this time.