David Silver

General Bike chat
Stratman

David Silver

Post by Stratman »

I've used David Silver spares a few times in the past and found them pretty good. I always felt a bit guilty, as the local Honda dealer, C J Ball, is brilliant. As a club we have test runs at least once a year and the guy is totally honest.

Anyway, I was pricing up some bits and whilst for some, David Silver was a bit cheaper (not much in it when P&P is added) one thing I wanted was a new suspension bracket bolt as I had to cut the nut off the old one.

David Silver told me that the rear bracket came as a whole and that the bolts weren't available separately, the price would be £55 odd. Obviously I would have tried to source similar bolts locally from an engineering supplier.

I rang C J Balls and they told me the bolts/nuts were available separately at £2.88 a pair.

So, the moral of this story is, don't assume that just because they are a main dealer you won't get a good deal!
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

ive always been a bit iffy of cj ball since when i was a wee young'un i went for an apprentice job there, loads of gcses and a btec in motor vehicle engineering and they turned me down for the spottyest stupidest looking turdball you'd ever see

but now i am in derby i use pidcocks honda. excellent place
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

KarlosVTR

Think though that you would have wanted real money/decent wage and they probably wanted a bike out-of-the-crate assembler who would be paid next to nothing or would use his wages to pay off his hire purchase on a bike etc etc.

Been there and seen it.
You were TOO qualified!!! :roll:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!