is it time to be arranging our next meet up?

General Biker Banter
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Nottingham gets my vote.

It's relatively easy to get to for everyone (Yes it's a long way from Scotland, but it's straight down the A1)

It's got all the city advantages of plenty of places to go for food and beer and lodgings.

It's a UNI town, so its rammed with totty (apparently, its the most rammed campus in the UK)

Theres Matlock, Cat and Fiddle, Snake Pass, Donington and the Peak District for ride outs.

Though, I'd be up for anywhere, depends what people want to actually do i.e. Rideouts, Beerfest, Chill in the country, Race Meeting, Track day, where the best location might be. I'm happy to hit the Lakes, Scotland, Anywhere.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Zer0Zer0

Post by Zer0Zer0 »

Nottingham /derbyshire sounds good..last time i was in that area was as a boy..[Matlock]...and as has been mentioned the southern peeps wont have so far to ride..the lakes are cool but the weather there can be worse than up here .are we doing it late spring [may] or mid-late summer [aug- sept]..?
how about a long week-end fri-mon.. ?nothing worse than travelling all day fri.. piss up sat, and travelling all day sun! a bit of chill time would be cool..
scarborough maybe? how about blackpool?
I AM THE STRANGE MAN YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT......
Have a sweetie and stop crying........
[Werthers Original...they never get rid of the taste]
KarlosVTR

Post by KarlosVTR »

what about a storm trackday? all those big twins on a track!!! how awesome would that be!!!!!!
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

Hows about this?...track time thrown in..and its midlands ish
http://www.bikefestuk.com/index.html
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

oooh that Bikefest looks good. Might be quiet though as it's start of TT fortnight

I'm more for the meet up, pootle about, go for beers kinda thing too, but we can sort out details once we've picked a place.

Easy enough to see whats around and on at the time and go from there.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
sparrowlegs

Post by sparrowlegs »

Its a bike show too....goodies...bargain...shoppinnnnnnnnnnnnnn lol...but i'll meet anywhere...not fussy as long as us VTR peeps can make the tea cups rattle in the local vicarage as we bomb past lol
alan

Post by alan »

I vote for Scarborough/Pickering/Derbyshire (snake pass awesome) it may be far for the Southern boys but its far for the Scottish boys.I would say Sherburn camping is free or (hotel in the village) and just a small fee for the showers,from there Scarborough/Derbyshire is only an hour away.

This is by no means a bias vote as im only 15 minutes away from Sherburn :lol: Honest!!!!!!!!
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

How's about Lincolnshire - near Cadwell for example. Those wanting to get their knee down trackside could do so on a track that should be soo good for the Storm, others could ride the great Wolds roads or head across to the Peak District or even up across the Humber?
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

I reckon Derbyshire has it all - Cat & Fiddle & Snake Pass for a rideout Matlock Bath for the chillin out bit and there's loads of B&B's for those from distance. Ashbourne& Bakewell are always an option as well :)

Could always tie it into a race meet at Darley Moor or Donnington on the Sunday ?? :idea:

And its between the M6 & M1 for those further afield .

Yes I am biased cos I live nearby but no I don't work for
the Tourist Board :wink:
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Derby!

Not to far for me!