Road Pricing

General Bike chat
kevg

Road Pricing

Post by kevg »

Democracy in action?
The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month. On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect an NIP with your monthly bill.
If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/
cheerz

kev
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Done
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Done as well
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

DONE, although there will still be the hardcore of people who won't get it done. A group well versed in flouting the law and ignoring the rules. A group with no faith in its government to take the right decision. Now what shall we call this group???????

BIKERS!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Done :!:
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Yep, my name added. So now they'll know whos door to knock on when the anarchists get rounded up as it's all there isn't it. Name, address, email address etc. :(

Also added the link to the Lotus Seven Car Club of GB site so a few more will hopefully add their names!!!!!!

PS Yep, they are!
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Yeah, like a petition is gonna make the slightest bit of difference (especially an online one)

The government is gonna make an absolute fortune off this, so you can bet it will happen regardless.

They'll tout it as an end to current road tax and a vast reduction in fuel duty, but lo and behold when it actually comes time to implement by law, road tax will "accidentally" still be there and be kept as efficient and fair, parking charges and congestion charging will apply to all vehicles across the country, fuel will have crept up to £5 a gallon (which will have a much celebrated 0.5p a litre reduction in the budget loudly hailed by sycophantic numpties as a "sweeping cut") and insurance companies will charge you more in total (but it seems like less when you're paying per mile) they'll also void your insurance when that 97 year old millionairess (one of the few remaining drivers) pulls out on you because you were 1mph over the limit.

So, you'll pay tax on buying your bike, tax on insuring it, tax on filling it up, tax on riding it, tax on parking it, tax on taking it to work, tax on how fast you go... I'm pretty sure this government (and the oppositions aren't any better) won't be happy until I get paid and a man in a bad suit opens my wages for me and takes all of it in tax, then demands an extra quid. (over half everyones income is paid in various taxes already)

I don't think people are gonna stand for it (but like that will stop the government from doing it) I foresee protests to put the fuel duty blockades to shame.

They're gonna need to find these sorts of huge swathes of cash to replace the tobacco duty they're gonna lose next year. Non-smokers rejoice, you're tax bills gone up by a grand a year!

I'm so screwed, I work, I smoke, and I drive... the government should love me, I pay them all my money.

F*ck this country, I'm off to become a single parent muslim albanian asylum seeker. Either that or invade VTRgirls house :)
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh the cynic speaks! Couldn't agree more with your sentiments though. That's why i have moved to Germany (well the Army told me to) but yes i know the futility of it all but you have to feel like you are doing something........ :roll: :roll:
Badger

Post by Badger »

Done.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Done..............now lets all buy unregisterd bikes.......keep em hidden until we go 'ghost riding'

Mad Max....................down with the 'Bronze' like cool man
it may be clever, but its not big.
Wildfire

Post by Wildfire »

For what its worth I signed up to MAG when I got back on the road last year....used to do a few demos & stuff with them...remember leg protectors that Bottomley tried to bring in back in Thatcher's day ??? That got quietly shelved afer mass demo's & petitions.

Assuming your 'made' to buy a tracking device (And how will they enforce that ?) some enterprising soul will come up with a means to bypass it pretty quick I would imagine....

At the risk of sounding like some political anarchist....remember also the Poll Tax....If the usually apathetic British public actually get of their a**es and demonstrate they can overturn or get unpopular legislation changed....
I can't see any government risking the votes that all the motorists control.....

Could be worse...........

George W Bush could be in charge as well 8O